Sign in to follow this  
toblix

Grand Theft Auto IV

Awesome, obviously. But, one thing, why is the camera so low when driving? I find myself constantly adjusting it a bit upwards so I can see where I'm going. Do you get used to the camera or what?

There are two of three camera distances to choose from. Not sure if it's the closest one by default. The angle will remain the same though.

Try pressing select or whatever, and if that doesn't help, all the other buttons.

Yeah, the select button toggles between among other views three behind-the-car perspective, but the angle's the same on them all. Of course, if you get used to this, no problem. I just feel like I don't see right in front of the car.

I find myself constantly pushing the camera upwards as well, to get just the right angle with which to shoot through traffic. It's kind of annoying indeed, but it's just one of the many quirks in GTA4 I've come to accept as just something it does ;)

Teee, I'm loving this 'toblix complains' tag. :~

But yeah, it is something you can get used to . I never noticed it before, actually.

I'm also adjusting it constantly. But a different angle would probably mean you wouldn't see as far and miss some of the great views. Still, I think they should have given it as an option.

Yeah, you're right toblix. I find myself constantly tweaking it upward while cornering.

Teee, I'm loving this 'toblix complains' tag. :~

I see someone has taken it all the way back to 2006 :tup::)

I also noticed this while playing. I guess it's safe to say that it is a genuine niggle

I also noticed this while playing. I guess it's safe to say that it is a genuine niggle

True fact. I don't remember it being much different in GTA4, but the default camera angle has annoyed me in every 3D GTA ever released. I just get into the habit of holding the right-hand stick slightly downwards to raise it up.

I'm on to something here. Maybe everyone who plays this think the angle is a bit too low, only most people don't know it.

Just so we're clear, I did notice the angle was lower than the earlier trilogy, but I never had any problems with it...

Well, damn. I thought I was the only one who kept impulsively fiddling with the camera. :getmecoat

So I get this mission way the Hell on the other side of town and figure I'll try a taxi. Everything goes fine until we get stuck in traffic on the bridge. I tell the driver to hurry it up, and he goes "fine!", backs up the cab and... goes off the bridge and into the sea. As we're floating in the cab, I hit Y to get out and the driver says "I guess I can let you off here". Swimming next to his car now, I pay the man and watch him sink down into the darkness. He never even tried to get out.

Second try: I catch another taxi. Right away I can tell this guy can't possible have a license -- which he confirms at one point-- as he gets on the bridge using the wrong ramp, against traffic. As we get on the bridge on the wrong side, he doesn't choose the right toll booth either. Since there's nobody to take his change on the driver's side he just goes on through, breaking the gate post. All of a sudden there are three or four police cars chasing us. Although the driver takes it easy, he always manages to avoid the police cars. I think the cops killed about fifty people chasing us, mowing down pedestrians and running cars off the road. After five minutes of "chasing", they cops manage to surround the taxi, get out and start firing into the car American cop style. After a few seconds the cab catches on fire and I try to get out. However, all the doors are blocked by police cars and boom!, everyone dies in a fire.

Even though this is all the result of buggy taxi AI, it's the most fun I've had in this game. And that says something, because this game is awesome.

I often find myself out of guns. It seems they've tuned the ammo/weapon abundance somewhat since San Andreas. Can I get weapons some other way than buying them? Do they drop off of guys I kill or what?

Yes they do!

Also I think if Little Jacob likes you enough he will sell you weapons out of the boot of his car. Free delivery!

Telling the cabby to step on it always has hilarious results :D

I found that usually just ended up with the cab stuck on some scenery or between some parked cars. I used the skip button a lot.

You tend to be able to find certain guns in certain neighbourhoods, being carried by certain guys and lying in certain spots. If you memorise where your favourites are it's fairly trivial to get a taxi to that spot and stock yourself up, assuming of course you haven't got Jacob on hand.

The gun shop is OK, too.

Telling the cabby to step on it always has hilarious results :D

It only gets better when you're drunk and riding with someone like Brucey or Roman. :tup:

I had this awesome idea. I'd go to a petrol station and steal any car that enters. When I had around ten of them gathered nice and tight around the petrol pumps I'd crash a burning motorcycle into the whole thing. Unfortunately, there seems to be some magical police trigger that goes off when you try this, even though the cops are never around when you steal the car. How do they expect me to blow up ten cars if I can't even round up five?

Yeah. It could, of course be a cop on his beat. They're hard to spot. I was just wondering if it's a known "thing" that if you gather up enough stolen cars in one spot you automagically get wanted or something

Yeah. It could, of course be a cop on his beat. They're hard to spot. I was just wondering if it's a known "thing" that if you gather up enough stolen cars in one spot you automagically get wanted or something

It was like that in the original GTA games, so probably.

I think it's automatic, because it seems to happen every single time :tdown: Of course, you could argue that it's any one of the civilians calling the police.

Has anyone managed the ten cars in an explosion thing yet?

Isn't there something you can do to remove wanted levels?

Like calling that woman up

Could make it possible.