Sign in to follow this  
vimes

Thumb Fortress 2: The Sessioning

Yay! There's also going to be a special episode of 'Meet the Team'. Dunno if it will 'Meet the Heavy Again' or what.

But finally my beloved Heavy will be able to stand up to all those nasty imba pyros (I hope)

Yes, I think we definitely need some of that. I'd like to see a fist unlock that always crits if you're on fire. :tup:

Oooo, I'm not so sure that the pyro is quite so imba now. He (she?) has had the 50 health bonus removed when using the backburner a while back now bringing it back into balance.

Thrik - what do I put into steam to add you into friends list?

I hope they give the Spy some love next. The Spy lasts roughly 0.5 secs against a Pyro :sad:

If I wasn't so lazy and had bothered to make a suggestion for new Heavy weapons, I would have gone for a cannon. Have it shoot canon balls that can hit people standing in a line, perhaps pushing them back. Great for corridors or pushing that Pyro away.

I hope they give the Spy some love next. The Spy lasts roughly 0.5 secs against a Pyro :sad:

I'd like to see all spies burning in a grave. Filthy bastards.

However, I do think a 'distractor' weapon would be a great thing for a spy - something that would make real members of the enemy team look a bit like a spy to their teammates, by making them randomly fade into invisibility or change appearance.

I would also like to see engineers develop some kind of 'spy sense', because even when you the player can see a spy coming for your stuff, it's all too easy for them to sap your shit and stab you in the back before you have chance to do anything about it.

So, it sounds like we're not really playing tonight? I'm happy to wait until tomorrow (Thursday).

I would also like to see engineers develop some kind of 'spy sense', because even when you the player can see a spy coming for your stuff, it's all too easy for them to sap your shit and stab you in the back before you have chance to do anything about it.

Easy?! You should try it some time. It's not easy. I've been trying to improve my spy game, but I must suck because I have to be pretty lucky to take out a canny engie post. They can easily kill me and then remove the sappers before any damage is done.

Which is why I end up defaulting to Soldier or Heavy (also because so many random teams seem to be filled with support classes with no frontal attack. Someone has to do it :( )

Also: Ace.

Brilliant. The most comprehensive collection of USSR puns ever assembled.

I'm hoping the "Permanent Revolution" achievement is won by standing next to the cart and firing your minigun for the entire round, in those rare cases where attacking is a walkover and the heavy can actually do that.

Dunno about an epic tourney, but me, Norfolk, Vimes, and bgbennyboy were all playing on the server mentioned earlier (courtesy of Steam friends). :tup:

Daffa and a couple of his clan mates turned up as well. For some reason it was ridiculously hard to fill the server as well... Should be better in a week or so when the new updates get people more into playing again.

It's also a massive problem getting folk onto your server if it's not one of the 'main' GSP ones, which is why we paid for HLStatsX.

I had fun the (short) while I stayed... more Thumbeteer would have been welcome but it was done in a bit of a rush. I'll try to set an event up on the Thumb Steam group for next week-end.

Interesting... I always thought that the most interesting moments of Payload were the choke points. Something must be wrong with me.

I think it depends on the class. I quite dislike the choke points when I play Spy, but love them as Demoman, Soldier, and Pyro. I think this new map is definitely going to give different classes a better chance to shine.

Goldrush is easily my favourite TF2 map, so I'm hoping Valve is on some sort of run and this'll also rock. :tup:

Incidentally, I may be alone on this but the new map reminds me of TFC's Warpath. I'll be interested to see if there's the same kind of layout parallels Goldrush has to Dustbowl — or if it's just all in my head.

04_header.jpg

I think the most intriguing part of this image isn't the weapon itself, but the background. It looks like we might finally be seeing a departure from the usual TF2 map theme, which while great was beginning to grate a little. Looks like cliffs 'n' forestation to me.

Valve blogged about doing such a thing a couple of weeks ago, so it seems likely the second new map (which I'm speculating is one map split into five) will feature both a new game mode and a new map theme. :woohoo:

Awesome point, I didn't notice it at first. :tup:

I really like steel, the new payload map seems like it'll be a winner (I don't much care for Gold Rush, although it's better than some) and if we get a new style and/or game mode then the maps will be the best thing about this update.

I'm not impressed with the weapons so far, I still think my canon idea was better than Natascha. Slowing people down for less damage? Meh, would have worked better on another class such as the Sniper. KGB are ok, but again nothing brilliant. I hope they have something good to replace the shotgun.

Apparently, the alternate shotgun is a sandwich that gives you 100HP.

Konspicuous Konsumption: Eat 100 sandviches.

Don't Touch Sandvich: Kill 50 scouts using Natascha.

Seems you are correct sir.