Sign in to follow this  
vimes

Thumb Fortress 2: The Sessioning

Everybody seems to have a PC copy TF2 here - except Toblix and that's because you're not worthy enough,H4ck3r boy. - but I've only been playing with a handful of Thumbeteers, mainly Thrik, bgbennyboy and Norfolk'n'Clue.I've been trying to convince Metallus to join us, but he keeps insisting that he's on a different time zone - which is possibly the silliest excuse ever : timezone, on the internet ? Please.

So this thread is a call to all Thumbeteer from this side of the Atlantic and the other to organize some kind of TF2 session, since I reckon that'd be quite fun.

Lot's of you are now in the UK, so maybe UKThumbs vs The Rest of the Civilized World would be in order ... it should bring you all, old memories of the British Empire trying to invade France or something like that.

It doesn't have to be right now, but I thought I'd post this while I haven't forgotten about the idea.

I'd love to. Playing with random people stresses me out - playing with friends is much more fun.

My PC is on the fritz right now though :tdown: I will try and fix it tonight.

BTW, be sure to join the MixnMojo and Idle Thumbs Steam groups if you haven't already, and then add those who you recognise as friends so you receive the 'X is playing Team Fortress 2 now!' notifications.

A bunch of us (mostly me, Benny, and Huz) play all the time — practically daily. There shouldn't be any shortage of finding at least one person to play with. We always play on Wireplay servers, so you tend to get familiar with the regulars there too. The whole 'playing with randomos' thing does tend to dissipate quite quickly if you play regularly.

I'm in. I pay for a server, hosted at inx-gaming, we could play there if you like. It's got a few customs set up, including ctf_omega_redux, a nice little ctf map done by one of the chaps in the gaming community. It won map of the day on fps banana at one point!

If you're interested in playing any of the customs, here's the mappack we use:

http://www.apaw95.dsl.pipex.com/trickery_mappack.rar

Containing the following maps:

pl_dbheights

pl_dustbowl_b4

wacky_races_v1

cp_roswell

ctf_convoy_v2

ctf_omega_rc1

ctf_omega_rc1 has been supplanted by ctf_omega_redux which can be found here:

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/60826

Failing that, if you just want to play standard maps, can do that too!

Also, don't have to use the server, but it's there if you want it :)

I'm in.

UK will win hands down though. Because I would be on the team :devil::period:

I'd love to join in except 1. I'm utterly useless and would be burden to anyone's team

That's where the beauty of the medic class comes in : nobody expect you to help them, so when you fail, it's not that bad (usually you're the only one in your team to be a medic, so there's no comparison) and when you're good, you usually get lots of thanks. And you're beginning to be good and you're playing with friends/acquaintances, it's awesome.

and 2. I don't have TF2 :grin:

That's inexcusable... maybe we can wait for the free week end that will surely come with the next update (in a week or two) ?

I'd be in, but I'm out of province from the 15th to the 26th. If the match doesn't fall in there, count me in.

Well Wednesday is fine too. Just throwing ideas out there.

What time? 7 pm on? Which map?

If you want to play on the trickery server, let me know what map you want, so it can be ready. Goldrush usually pulls punters in if there's a few folk on there already.

It'll have to be at least 7:30 — I don't get back from work until then.

Could be a problem with tomorrow, actually. Turns out I agreed I'd go out with someone and forgot. :shifty:

I still do play pretty much every day though, so if anyone wants to play with me just add me on Steam. Ben and Huz usually show up too. ;

Hmm... Tomorrow is my date night. May need to sit this one out, but I'll definitely try to be in on future games. Much like Thunderpeel said about himself though,I'm sure that I'd mostly be a hinderance given how little I play this game...

To those of you who think you're crap - well it doesn't matter! The whole point of TF2 is that it's fun... so there's no 'hindering' or 'dragging the team down' - just play, and try and help the team towards the objective rather than rambo-ing, and everyone will have fun :)

For those who don't have TF2 yet and don't want to buy it, there'll be a free week end following the heavy update so it will start the 22.

...and that update looks amazing!

The update will include seven fresh maps and a new game mode - the mysteriously unannounced game mode will come supported with five Valve-crafted maps, A "new Payload map focusing on more open spaces than Goldrush" will also be released, and cp_steel, a community map. Plus the new weapons and achievements.:tup:

EA would try to charge you 20 quid for that lot!