Sign in to follow this  
miffy495

FUUUUUUCK!!!

Nope, thankfully I'm still hanging in there. I just can't believe that there's machines that have come back repaired and still break.....?!?! :eek: Man that sucks.

Microsoft emailed me on Saturday to say they'd "received my console" - presumably at the Bosch(?) factory in Germany, as on the label. With any luck, it'll be back before long and significantly quieter to boot.

Just to clarify: this is the second time my original console's had this error. You can read more about it on my blog. </pimp>

This is shit. I bought me some MS points today to spend on Braid and Fable 2. I came home, expecting some quality gaming time. I booted up the 360 and bought Braid, then at the title screen, the console froze. I restarted it and voila: three red lights. :deranged:

Nope, thankfully I'm still hanging in there. I just can't believe that there's machines that have come back repaired and still break.....?!?! :eek: Man that sucks.

Yeah, I'm on my 5th I think - I'm starting to lose track.

I hope the store lets me return it without a receipt...

Here in Norway you can demand a new unit or your money back if they can't repair it after three tries. Bit of a safeguard there.

Actually, it's two tries, and you can't really demand a refund. You can demand a new unit or that they repair the old one.

Ok, let's clear this up:

How many times have we each had our 360s repaired for RRoD?

Me: Once

MrChaz: "fifth, I think"

Miffy: ?

Wrestle: ?

When MS gets their asses in gear and send me the e-mail with the info, it'll be my 360's first trip to the service center.

So what do they do they with them there? Replace the motherboard? Probably too much to hope for that they don't have any more non-HDMI motherboards so that I get free HDMI output included...

So what do they do they with them there? Replace the motherboard? Probably too much to hope for that they don't have any more non-HDMI motherboards so that I get free HDMI output included...

I think they do replace the mobo, but I didn't get any HDMI ports :(

Holy shit, that was so fast. 1 week, 2 days. Door to door. Mine's back. Well, not mine exactly, but my new one is here. Runs so much quieter than the old one. Very nice. I need to re-download all my old things to make them run on the new one offline, and that could take a fucking while but other than that I'm amazingly satisfied.

...And for the chart, that was my first RRoD.

This is the first time mine's died, had it since March 2007.

I believe they replace the motherboard and the DVD drive as standard for the launch-spec machines (like mine). For later hardware iteration failures? I don't know.

Mine lasted all the way from August 2006, which is pretty damn good for launch-spec as I understand it.

Considering how many orders of magnitude more play you've had out of yours than I did, that's pretty fucking impressive.

Still complete shit that expensive, mass-produced hardware dies at all, mind. But there you go.

Phew! So it's not so bad then...

How many times have we each had our 360s repaired for RRoD?

Me: Once

Miffy: Once

Wrestle: Once

MrChaz: "fifth, I think" :shifty:

I suspect it's MrChaz is telling the truth, actually.

If correct, he's the 4th person I know of who's on (at least) their 5th Xbox 360 now. :eek:

My warranty expires next year. I hope my 360 RRoDs before then. No wait, I hope it doesn't. No wait, I hope it does...

:crazy:

I suspect it's MrChaz is telling the truth, actually.

If correct, he's the 4th person I know of who's on (at least) their 5th Xbox 360 now. :eek:

A brief look at my post history says I'm on my fourth. They seem to last around 8-12 months for me strangely.

I joined the club of the non-fixable RRoD an hour ago, with the slight difference that, having bought my 360 in the US and having it died in France, I expect the repair process to be a bitch.

In fact, it already began : I registered my console on xbox.com and the site wants me to phone the support line since it can't confirm the physical address I gave is real. :shifty: