miffy495

iPhone/iTouch gaming

Man, I love Carcassonne, but I can't see myself playing it on my ipod touch enough to buy it. The fact that I'd need to be near Wifi to play it with other people, in addition to the fact that I can already do that with the 360 version, will put me off. Still, if anyone has it on 360 and would like a game or two sometime, I'd be happy to oblige.

Man, I love Carcassonne, but I can't see myself playing it on my ipod touch enough to buy it. The fact that I'd need to be near Wifi to play it with other people, in addition to the fact that I can already do that with the 360 version, will put me off. Still, if anyone has it on 360 and would like a game or two sometime, I'd be happy to oblige.

Does it contain any of the expansions, if it does I would consider it.

I think they have things like the "Rivers" expansion as DLC. In other words, there are some expansions, but they are actually still expansions. I don't have any of them myself, as when I play the real game with my friends it's always been vanilla, but if anything is particularly good I could be tempted.

The core game comes with the original version of river, I picked it up on a whim last night as I couldn't sleep, I'll give you a game sometime as the AI is kinda bad.

And then there were 3 games played, just like that. A pleasure, sir. It did kinda sting to be reminded that I suck at strategy stuff, but I enjoyed the games nonetheless. Makes me wonder what a large group game would play like.

Just started to use my iphone for actual entertainment since the summer(been on the road) but I've run into a problem.

Going out on a limb, but the internet hasn't seemed to have documented the iphone SimCity very well(or what I could find) has anyone ever ran into a no sound problem? In the options the music and sound effects sliders are at 0 and I can move them to 100, press save/continue/apply and they still sit at 0 when I go back.

When I hit the music button to play tunes off my phone rather then the game music the message looks duplicated and offset to create a garbled look.

Anyone run into anything similar before? Anyway to fix it?

Thanks!

First try rebooting your phone. If that doesn't work, try to delete it an re-install? That seems to solve 99% of issues with apps.

So I just got an iphone4 (yay me!). It's my first smartphone (read: any phone where I pay for a data plan and checking email isn't some ridiculously hard pay-by-the-byte thing you do). I also had a $50 itunes gift card burning a hole in my wallet, so anyways,

I like these:

Plants vs. Zombies

Helsing's Fire

Defender Chronicles

Geo Defense Swarm

Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor

Clue

1) Are any of the adventure games super amazing? I'm not especially keen on the idea as I'm pretty sure I have beaten all of them on PC and they tend to be among the more expensive iapps.

2) Is there a decent 2d turn based rpg for the iphone that doesn't use some stupid virtual controller?

Also, have y'all seen the Epic Games tech demo citadel thingy? It's super impressive:

tHX7htYsVDQ

http://toucharcade.com/2010/09/01/unreal-engine-3-tech-demo-epic-citadel-available-for-free/

Yeah, it blew me the hell away – also, that it supports the "multitasking" so well is incredible. I found the controls surprisingly good.

That looks incredible. Also, the high castle in the first few shots is pleasingly similar the castle that loops behind the menus in the first ever Unreal, but curved and much better looking. It's pretty surreal to see things like this running in browsers and on mobile.

The tech was incredible, but the controls were definitely the best part. It plays especially nicely on the iPad too. :) Nice to see a deviation from the awful, awful virtual analog sticks. Honestly, at this point, if a game uses a virtual d-pad and/or stick(s) I don't even bother downloading the lite version. It's just a straight-up no sale.

Mo

Galaxy on Fire 2 is kind of pricey by iphone game standards, but it's awesome. It's a privateer/elite/freelancer kind of game. The first one, Galaxy on Fire 3D is free, so give that a go and add retina display, voice acting, mining minigame, gamecenter integration, much improved galaxy map & ship customization options, a proper trading system, basically improvements in every department.

Tilt to steer control (same as the 1st one) works great IMO.

So addicted to this. I was just going to have a little peek at it before going to sleep last night and didn't close down my iphone until it was down to 40% battery from a full charge when I started (yes that means I didn't get to sleep until 5 this morning and having to get up at 9).

Reviving this topic because I just got an iPad... recommendations, please? Already got Galaxy on Fire 2, Infinity Blade, iPacross, Osmos HD, Plants vs Zombies, Edge, and Caracassonne for what it's worth.

Sword and Sworcery (not a typo) is supposed to be the new pixelly indie hotness, but I wouldn't know as I'm waiting on the iphone version (the ipad one is out already).

Also, I like battleheart and hunters: episode one.

Indeed! Waiting until I get home and getting it! Also: Speedbsll 2 is pretty good, if a little easy.