miffy495

iPhone/iTouch gaming

Heads up... Peggle is 99 cents until Sunday.

I paid 5 and regret nothing, for whatever that's worth.

I made two sales for Popcap :getmecoat

I'm slightly impressed with the execution. Not the most difficult thing to adapt to iphone, but they've done it well.

I picked up Space Ace and Mecho Wars yesterday. Based on my limited playtime with both:

Space Ace looks fantastic on the iPhone screen. I really wish they could have modified the control scheme to make you tap on the flashing objects in the scene, instead of the QTE style arrows you have to tap - because they cover up too much of the screen and are always there. I realize this might not have been remotely feasible due to budget restrictions - but it sure would be nice, because like I said, this looks pretty sweet on the iPhone screen. Not to mention all the wonderful memories it brings back. For those of you that have sunk 10 or more dollars into a Space Ace machine in a sitting - 5 bucks is a pretty reasonable price to pay to see the whole thing play out.

Mecho Wars is Luc Bernard's take on Advance Wars. It's pretty much a copy of Advance Wars with Bernard's sometimes fruity, sometimes awesome illustrations. The color pallet is a bit too candy raver for my taste, but there are some cool-looking and creative units so it balances out. The gameplay is, like I said - pretty much Advance Wars with a few minor tweaks like water freezing at night, and ranged units being able to move and shoot in the same turn. I'm still getting used to the rock/paper/scissors hierarchy,but it's pretty enjoyable overall so far. I'm about 4 maps into it. Worth 5 bucks for sure. It'll prolly drop in rice at some point if you're patient.

zomboid

ectoplasm wrangler

iPhone 3.0 system update is live.

Have fun copying and pasting shit.

EDIT: That was actually my first iPhone copy&paste.

yeah.. I bought Peggle as well and am now addicted to it a bit.

I bought Peggle as well and am now addicted to it a bit.

Peggle is crack! I've broken it's spell temporarily, but if they add more levels (or Peggle Nights etc...) I'll be unable to play anything else until I complete that too.

So I got an iPhone yesterday, and picked up Peggle and Flight Control which are both addictive as crack. Anyone have any other suggestions for me so I can see how the iPhone has CHANGED EVERYTHING?

I've been eyeing Ruben & Lullaby, actually. Looks to be a bit GAMES AS ART. Anyone have any experiences with it?

I think the following warrant mandatory purchases:

-Edge (Just fucking get this one because it completely rules)

-Fieldrunners (THE best tower defense game. Sooooo polished)

-Textropolis (Addictive word game)

-Zenonia (16-bit SNES-style action RPG)

-iDracula-Undead Awakening (Smash TV-style w/ Werewolves & Vampires)

If you wanna get some fun 99¢ games, these are well worth it:

-Hero of Sparta

-iShift

-Heavy Mach

-MustEatBirds

-The Creeps

Holy shit I just found Flight of the Amazon Queen on the app store. Are there any other adventure games? This would be an awesome SCUMM platform. WHERE IS FULL THROTTLE?

Holy shit I just found Flight of the Amazon Queen on the app store. Are there any other adventure games? This would be an awesome SCUMM platform. WHERE IS FULL THROTTLE?

Well, there's Myst. Also Frotz is pretty much essential. It's a text adventure interpreter, comes with multiple games, and is free.

There's also 1112. I've played none of these, apart from Frotz, so I can't recommend either way.

Worms is available on App Store for 3,99€. It might be awesome so I think you should buy it and tell the rest of us if it's awesome.

I've heard Worms is a terrible port, but that's about all I know.

Have you guys spent 99 cents on Enviro-Bear 2010 yet? It's so hilariously mindblowing.

Basically you're this psychotic grizzly bear living in an MS-Paint world, with only one free paw to maniacally manoeuvre an automobile, throw shit out of your car, and scoff down food.

It's probably the most entertaining thing I've bought off the app store for a while.

Enviro-bear is truly an instance of "so bad it's good".

If you took Rodney Greenblatt (Parappa the Rapper), fed him Peyote, cut off all his fingers, and duct taped a stylus to one stump, a single button mouse to the other and set him loose in Corel Draw or MacPaint - you'd end up with artwork along these lines.

It's hilariously awful, but oddly charming.

Okay, this is (a) shameless self-pimpage and (B) not really a game, but whatever I've been a member since forever, so I feel I can get away with it. :)

I've written an app called 32x32. It's a pixel art editor. It's simple to use and super fun. It's just 99 cents. Try it!

More info: http://www.caffeinemonstersoftware.com/32x32/

Cheers,

Mo

Have you guys spent 99 cents on Enviro-Bear 2010 yet? It's so hilariously mindblowing.

Basically you're this psychotic grizzly bear living in an MS-Paint world, with only one free paw to maniacally manoeuvre an automobile, throw shit out of your car, and scoff down food.

It's probably the most entertaining thing I've bought off the app store for a while.

I don't have an iPhone or any interest in downloading the PC version, but I can't stop laughing at videos of Envirobear in action on youtube.

I don't have an iPhone or any interest in downloading the PC version, but I can't stop laughing at videos of Envirobear in action on youtube.

That looks extremely fun, but also horribly frustrating!

A24tSPNz2so

Points for the art direction, though--brilliant. :clap:

Edit: I guess the YouTube embedding doesn't work.

Should do...

ax1MjwCjaZo

Just use the code at the end, not the whole YouTube URL. I made this mistake a short while ago, while clumsily posting a hasty update at work.

Heads up! Flight of the Amazon Queen just got an update, implementing a much more iPhone-suited touch control system, akin to 1112. It's pretty rad so far.

You see this, Lucasarts? This is how you're supposed to do an adventure game port, goddammit.

Man, Monkey Island.