Sign in to follow this  
ThunderPeel2001

The official 'Welcome N0wak to London' thread

Um, I got confused by all the 'not the next Saturday's, but if anyone arranges a Thumbs meet up and posts a date, time and place, I'll try to make it!

This Sunday!

(Sunday 10th)

So what's a good place to meet? A pub? Cause then I need suggestions because I don't know any? Maybe buy some booze and drink it in the park some place (this is an original idea :shifty:)?

I say 4pm.

?

I suppose somewhere pretty central/touristy would be a good place to meet. I'm not a big drinker so I don't know loads of cool places to drink... but I'm sure I can think of somewhere.

Any type in particular you'd like to see? Rocky/grungey? Old-man's pubs? Trendy places? Somewhere in-between? :)

I heard that there's something happening on the 16th August. Whatever could it be?

I suppose somewhere pretty central/touristy would be a good place to meet. I'm not a big drinker so I don't know loads of cool places to drink... but I'm sure I can think of somewhere.

Any type in particular you'd like to see? Rocky/grungey? Old-man's pubs? Trendy places? Somewhere in-between? :)

ok, how about this. Central and obvious place to meet. Meet me in front of the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. I know it's a little crowded there with all the tourists and Olympic stuff, but I'll be waiting there in front of it at 4pm wearing mostly all black, with a large camera bag strung over my shoulder and a *black* "Canada" shirt. I wore this shirt yesterday :shifty: but it's the most identifiable thing I have to wear.

Yipe... A weird place to meet, but hopefully it won't be too difficult. I'll PM you my phone number, incase we totally miss each other. I'm a guy in desperate need of a haircut... wearing a brown stripey top and jeans.

I may be a little late -- there's a comic sale going on in Tottenham Court Road that I want to check out -- but hopefully not!

Welcome to London!

So it was just the two of us. :shifty: Which in someways was good because Soul Calibur III is a two player games and there weren't enough free credits to go around. It was a tug of war as we alternated winning and losing until I pick Kilik, the cheap bastard, and one a few in a row before losing to... Kilik. Then Thunderpeel played against a girl and lost :mock: (in another Kilik vs Kilik game. Man, I love SC but it has some serious balance issues). All in all the seven free credits nearly made up for the crazy overpriced London sushi. Ok, not really. Still, fun was had by all (two people).

post-223-13375603037252_thumb.jpg

I look terrible in that photo...... sob! :( (Time to cut down on the sweets, methinks.)

Still, fun was had by all (two people).

TWO people!

I was beaten by a girl... tis true. But she didn't even say "good game" afterwards. Shocking.

Crap, I missed it. I was in Nottingham that day anyway. Ah well, I'm sure I'll be around for the next big London Thumbs meet-up...