Ben X

'Ben There, Dan That!' from Size Five Games

What exactly is your next project? Are you doing more proper adventure games, or is that sort of buried along with the balloon-headed Mexican?

I don't think we'll be doing any for a while. Possibly we'll take DnB to a new genre, and do a fresh setting for the next one, with voice-acting and that type of thing. Tbh, it's down to Dan as it's his dev studio. I might play around with Game Maker and do some silly freeware games myself, though...

It took me about 5 seconds to realise you meant 'Dan n Ben' as opposed to 'Drum n Bass'. I was very confused.

There has been some interest in the £50 version, but not really enough to actually muster the gargantuan effort to put it together.

If you would like one, please do email me asap, so I can get an idea as to whether or not it's worth it.

brkl, if you play Gibbage, DnB cameo as zombies which you can gib in the head good and proper.

We've just released a proper, real, non-joke Special Edition!

http://www.sizefivegames.com/2011/09/23/announcing-ben-there-dan-that-special-edition/

FEATURES:

> New swishy graphical enhancements throughout! Ben There, Dan That! is now exponentially more gorgeous and sexy to look at.

> A stunning jazzy Sam and Max: Hit the Road homage-y soundtrack! Music that will caress your ears and grate infuriatingly as you fail to solve a puzzle.

> More sound effects!

> Some better signposting for the puzzles people didn’t get, or the objects they couldn’t see!

> The more-readable font from Time Gentlemen, Please!, enhancing brand synergy across the series.

> Fixes some boring Windows 7 issue a few people were having.

SPECIAL BONUS MATERIAL:

EXCLUSIVE: A special 16-page eBook candidly telling the whole story of the game’s creation for the first time; “Lowering the Tone”

EXCLUSIVE: An extra special never-before-seen treat: a non-interactive video storybook presentation lifted from Dan and Bens’ diary entries, explaining the backstory as to exactly how Dan wound up dead in a jungle tied to a length of twine in the first place. Hear Dan and Ben speak for the first time in this fully voiced, and expertly illustrated six-and-a-half minute extravaganza.

EXCLUSIVE: All the ‘cut’ music that didn’t make it into the final game. Hear unloved and unused renditions of your favourite Ben There, Dan That! ditties.

EXCLUSIVE: Posters to print out and hang over your living room window, or to slap on your desktop.

EXCLUSIVE: Never-before-heard audio recording of Ben stomping around his flat cheering his own name, for the ending sequence. Truly there has never been a more honest depiction of the lengths indie developers have to go to for their art.

EXCLUSIVE: Dan and Ben ringtones – give your phone the Dan and Ben once-over with these exclusive musical ditties.

It's pay what you want (£2 minimum, Steam owners will hopefully be getting auto-upgraded), and I believe Toblix has already bought it for a very generous sum. Thanks Toblix, you're brlllo!

Woo! I think "Lowering the Bar" is the Special Feature I'm looking forward to most. (Partially because I've already attended a top secret screening of the "prequel" audio diary excerpts.)

I'm going to wait for it to come down in price, though.

Just kidding! I'm going donate all I can afford. And you should, too!

I had a lot of fun with these, although towards the end of TGP I was sleepy and had trouble remembering all the things spread out through the maps (even when I figured them out, a couple still felt pretty opaque), but I appreciated how well the silly dialogue makes dumb puzzles fun and solvable

the solution of using tape to fetch a magnet would never make sense otherwise

I'm trying to convince my little sister to play this, what should I tell her?

Well, after too much time playing the frustratingly uneven Far Cry 3, I read some of this thread and remembered how much I enjoyed BT,DT, and now I'm downloading TGT and looking forward to some indie fun.

There's a chat log for it on that DF thread, and the second half of the game will be played this Saturday.

So, unless I'm very much mistaken, the second half of this is happening 9pm tonight (ie 5 hours from now). Join us! (Warning: El Muerte will not be present.)