Cigol

Diablo III

Yes there is a clan and community for the US, they should pop up in the search

I really should pay more attention to the multiplayer gaming group. Request sent!

I think there already is an IT clan for US.

I joined the US thumbs community (but not clan? I'm not sure how that works), but I have yet to see anyone in it or its chat  :cry:

edit: Maybe because you have to manually rejoin chat every time you launch the game? that seems odd.

I played randomly last night with a Crusader who had 17.6m toughness, but not much more damage than I did with my monk at level 60. That is an insane level of toughness. I am so loathe to give up damage for survivability. The world's first glass cannon that carries a shield.

I also managed to spend ALL THE GOLD I had accrued by selling crafting mats before the auction house exploded. Enchanting is expensive Diablo, why must you tempt me.

I try to get enough toughness to feel comfortable and maximize my damage with the rest. Had a close call on Torment 2 at 8.8m toughness, got an upgrade that put me at 10m toughness and now I feel like Torment 2 feels pretty good.

I have plenty of gold for the enchanting, my limiting factor is forgotten souls. Man do I love enchanting.

what sort of damage do you have for T2? Depending on toughness I need I'm fluctuating between like 500 and 600. I have no idea who or what to compare myself against.

My paper doll in-game says 790 if I'm remembering correctly, but I group with some friends that are in the 5-600 range. I'm a cluster arrow dh.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hammerpants-1729/hero/22299944

Rerolled attributes aren't showing up correctly, so if you see an item that has a silly stat on it, I've probably rerolled it into something useful.

I love enchanting so much. It's so addicting. Really expensive, but I think that's a good thing.

I've started selling most of my rares now, and once I started doing that I'm breaking even on money most of the time. I no longer craft every single gem up to its highest form anymore, since they start to get 200 and 300k to make just one.

I should probably start selling rares rather than salvaging them. I have plenty of pretty much every crafting material besides Death's Breath, which I don't think you can get from salvage.

Yeah I've been selling rares rather than salvaging. I have no shortage of Death's Breath now that all my upgrades require forgotten souls to enchant. Nemesis Bracers help out with farming Death's Breath if it's your limiting reagent. I was pretty lucky and got a good pair early on.

Man this game will really get you. I have played way too much of this over the past few days. Glad I held back on buying the expansion for now!

So far I haven't gotten too many of the fancy items with cool special effects. I don't play a ton either (Paragon level 28) so that's not unusual. I'll keep my eye out for Nemisis bracers I guess.

got Strongarm Bracers and a Windforce on my HC Demon Hunter recently. I'm excited to try them out. Still scared to run T1 but I cheesed Manglemaw a bit on T3-4 to gear up some.

My paper doll in-game says 790 if I'm remembering correctly, but I group with some friends that are in the 5-600 range. I'm a cluster arrow dh.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/hammerpants-1729/hero/22299944

Rerolled attributes aren't showing up correctly, so if you see an item that has a silly stat on it, I've probably rerolled it into something useful.

That's a neat build. I, as a newly 70 Demon Hunter, and that being my highest level character, never found a good use for Cluster Arrow because of the cost. You seem to base your build on getting back Discipline through Night Stalker and funneling it into Hatred through Punishment (cheaper because of Perfectionist), as well as the extra Hatred you get from your Entangling Shot. Smart! Also, there's no particular reason I can't try that. Is there level of crit chance you need to make it work?

I have a friend that runs it without Punishment using the bat companion and vengeance with seethe for on demand hatred, but you find yourself running out of hatred a lot more that way.

I have 55% crit now, I think when I first converted to the build i had around 45% crit? Before that I was running the bat companion and relying on Blood Vengeance a lot more.

There are other things you can do to reduce the hatred cost of cluster arrow. The most common is using Cindercoat (reduces cost of fire skills by 20-30% depending on your roll). I just got a Pride's Fall last night (reduces resource cost by 30% as long as you haven't taken damage for at least 5 seconds) and I find that the buff on that is up a LOT of the time, which really helps.

If you're playing hardcore, the main thing to watch out for is draining too much of your discipline. I like to see that my discipline is mostly full before I use Punishment because I"m terrified I'm going to find myself walled in with arcanes and desecrates without enough discipline to smoke screen myself out of harm's way.

Edit: I forgot to mention, if you happen to get a pair of Gloves of Worship, the text on them say "shrines last 10 minutes", but empowered is lasting 60 minutes for some reason. Unclear if this is a bug, but man you can just go to town when you find an empowered shrine.

About 12 of us started hardcore heroes after work today. It was an absolute blast. There were only 4 people that hadn't died by the end of the night, and we stopped after taking down the butcher. LAN parties are really where this game shines.

Fantastic execution on the loot drop and feel of playing the game I think everyone can now agree - even if others have preferences for other systems.

To see them just drop off the story telling altogether is disappointing, but I suppose it was the corner they backed themselves into ... The poorly animated in game scripted scenes and the visually impressive, yet vaguely linked, cinematics still completely baffle me - generally failing to heighten the dramatic tone of the game and failing to craft a sense of the world that I think diablo 2 did so well, and even diablo 1 micro managed more easily.

I think doing away with Cain was a mistake - imho it would have been far more inspiring to have used that character as a companion that made personal, and both reflected, and channelled, the emotions this story was supposed to invoke. As well as using him as an anchor to tie in the tale across the series and various characters. Tyreal and he should have debated/argued/agreed and contested on points...virility, desperation, age, wisdom and strength clashing in an effort better to urge you on... give you something emotional to fight for... a sense of pain and possibly failure... urgh instead it's all remarkably wooden with little sense of interaction/community... and it all just gets sacrificed in the face of the great, but now less dimensional, loot game,,,

At least adventure mode now grants some relief from that... just a shame it couldn't have all been woven in with the narrative/world a bit more effectively... Perhaps squirrelling away a couple more npc/world based events/quests with insightful or even course altering plots.

Ironic given starcraft did a pretty good job of tying the player to the narrative, exploiting characters, and giving you at least the perception of a couple of choices to make as concerned narrative priority.  

... You'd be forgiven for thinking I didn't greatly like the game - which I do - despite the lost opportunities to emotionally invest it is a good play and still very special, genre defining still, but not worthy of wider cultural significance really, which is a shame given the stage that Blizzard has built.

Everything in the game levels up with you now (right?) and there still aren't any stat points, so why even have levels? Okay, you unlock some skills, but it still feels like a weird artifact and not the kind of system someone would design if they started fresh.

I think the sheer number of skills/runes would be overwhelming if you shoved them all at a new player right off the bat. That's the only reason I can really think of.

Also, making the bars fill and the numbers go up is "fun" and "satisfying".

Everything in the game levels up with you now (right?) and there still aren't any stat points, so why even have levels? Okay, you unlock some skills, but it still feels like a weird artifact and not the kind of system someone would design if they started fresh.

I can't imagine this game if you never leveled at all. 

I really like positive reinforcement in games, even if it is largely meaningless. It's why I used to Prestige back when I played Call of Duty. I view RPG levels in a similar light, not just diablo. A buff of less than 1% to things (most post-20 RPG levels) is not really an actual thing, but I love clicking around and filling bars and so on.

I really like positive reinforcement in games, even if it is largely meaningless. It's why I used to Prestige back when I played Call of Duty. I view RPG levels in a similar light, not just diablo. A buff of less than 1% to things (most post-20 RPG levels) is not really an actual thing, but I love clicking around and filling bars and so on.

That's why those flash joke games about leveling up actually work, because people love filling bars. Even if you're doing nothing. Where is the sense of progression if you can't get to level 70? At 70 you still have paragon levels to fill, and at that point you can make meaningful strides in increasing your damage numbers. But up until then you need to get that constant level up to keep momentum going.

There is actually a curve to leveling. I hit a wall with my melee characters at about level 65 and slowly decreased the difficulty until I hit 70 and could start accruing gear to level back up. Plus besides "making the bars go up" you get skill unlocks as you go, which both gives a nice sense of power growth and also sets a good pace for players to learn the systems. The devs certainly have a strong sense of how long it takes a fresh account to level to cap going through on normal or hard or whatever and that means they have that time to teach you all the systems. I'm pretty sure rare and legendary items don't even drop under a certain level, and they build up the types of items and affixes they can get as you go. You get the sense of progression and also a sneaky tutorial almost the whole way. 

Also important to remember that it's only been about a month or so since they rolled out the new difficulty system and level used to be a massive part of how you could progress through the game. Rather than take out one of the most iconic (and useful) parts of Diablin' they expanded it in what I think is an awesome way.

To see them just drop off the story telling altogether is disappointing, but I suppose it was the corner they backed themselves into ... The poorly animated in game scripted scenes and the visually impressive, yet vaguely linked, cinematics still completely baffle me - generally failing to heighten the dramatic tone of the game and failing to craft a sense of the world that I think diablo 2 did so well, and even diablo 1 micro managed more easily.

I honestly remember almost nothing from D2. I didn't play very much of it; most of my recollection and understanding is through Chris remembering it on podcasts. Blizzard has been campy fluff garbage with regard to storytelling for well over a decade now though, so they're keeping pace well with the expansion.

It was rad seeing so many people on in the clan this weekend. You can still join even if you don't play much and enjoy the in-clan conversations about how we're listening to Idle Thumbs RIGHT NOW while playing.