Cigol

Diablo III

Well, it does say you are a master of disguise... HMMMMM? :hmph:

Well, it does say you are a master of disguise... HMMMMM? :hmph:

You got me there.. :getmecoat

Jesus Christ. Third time I ever go to play the game and the servers are down for "maintenance". This is pretty much exactly what I was afraid of. Fuck Blizzard's stupid DRM. It's so rare that I actually bother to pay the full $60 for a game rather than waiting for a sale, and now I'm super regretting it. What the hell?

welcome to blizzard tuesdays! They do maintenance for wow and diablo on tuesdays, pretty much

I don't think WoW has been down for maintenance (barring an absolutely massive content patch) for years. They really have an impressive server setup there. Diablo is still new, and probably needs a few more kinks worked out.

When I still played WoW... a little over a year ago, I guess, they still had Tuesday early-morning maintenance. Rarely lasted for more than an hour, although I'm pretty sure they always say by default that it's gonna last four hours.

Jesus Christ. Third time I ever go to play the game and the servers are down for "maintenance". This is pretty much exactly what I was afraid of. Fuck Blizzard's stupid DRM. It's so rare that I actually bother to pay the full $60 for a game rather than waiting for a sale, and now I'm super regretting it. What the hell?

It's quite rubbish, alright. The complete lack of the option to just... you know... play this single player game you bought is frustrating. I don't know if my experience is odd, but I ALWAYS have lag for the first minute or so of my game when I log in, regardless of conditions. A small thing I know, but it's just really annoying.

I also have issues with my graphics card overheating, but that's between ATI and HP, no fault for Blizzard there.

For the record, I beat Diablo 2 nine times without ever hitting the "Battle.net" option. I was HOPING to play some single player today.

It's quite rubbish, alright. The complete lack of the option to just... you know... play this single player game you bought is frustrating. I don't know if my experience is odd, but I ALWAYS have lag for the first minute or so of my game when I log in, regardless of conditions. A small thing I know, but it's just really annoying.

I also have issues with my graphics card overheating, but that's between ATI and HP, no fault for Blizzard there.

Me and all of my friends get the startup lag too, its super annoying.

In happier news, I am now in Hell on my second hardcore character. She is a wizard, and she is not shitty.

Well, she wasn't until I brought her to Hell. I bought a new spear which added five hundred damage. Gonna have to upgrade my armor, too. Need more health. These fuckers hit hard, and they're not even elites, yet. Probably should start worrying about resistance, too.

If it's anything like Eve, then resistances are king. Perhaps it's slightly different though, as Eve's resistances are shown as percentages, rather than just a number.

FWIW, I get the lag too. As does anyone who I've ever mentioned it to.

Well, resistance isn't really even a thing in Normal/NM. Some items have some resistance, but I think in Hell is when you finally start getting All Resistance stat values on items and also when it actually starts to matter. Might be Inferno, though. X:

How does it work then? In Eve it reduces incoming damage by the number quotes (e.g. T2 craft have better resists, 80% EM resist on shield, meaning you only take 20% of the calculated damage). Does the number quoted just take the number of damage points off the incoming? In effect meaning the armour (or whatever) isn't scalable as the damage increases on higher levels, meaning you have to upgrade.

I just mean it doesn't matter at all in earlier difficulties.

What matters most (at least, what I found to matter most) was armor and vitality. Armor reduces all damage by a percentage, and vitality gives you more health. In higher difficulties, armor stops being as effective (because enemies start doing much, much, MUCH more damage), and you need to start getting elemental resistances on top of it as I guess spells become more powerful or something. I dunno, this is the first time I've gotten to Hell. I'm just going off of things I've heard.

While armor is a percentage reduction, I'm not sure if resistance is also a percentage or if it's just a flat value.

There is also physical resistance which confused me.

It's because in inferno you're often against elites that have multiple elemental attacks, like arcane/molten/plagued all on the same guy. Or my favorite of either molten or arcane being combined with horde, the worst! Also they're adjusting inferno a bit I guess and I can't wait. I can do act 1 fine, then act 2 is instant death from normal wasps.

Diablo's defensive stats work very... interestingly. Armor reduces ALL Damage, not just physical damage, by the % displayed when you hover over your armor value. Resistances do the same thing, but are isolated to the specific damage type.

Here is a good guide:

http://armadagaming.com/showthread.php?459-Armor-Resistances-and-Effective-Health

Played through the whole of Act one as a Barbarian, with Miffy (Wizard) and Squid (Monk). Spent a lot of time trying to abuse the jumping strike, there are some really cool positions where you can by pass obstacles

Spider's den over smaller holes, Leoric's mansion, Jail (between certain cells) and into the final act of the chapter

Played through the whole of Act one as a Barbarian, with Miffy (Wizard) and Squid (Monk). Spent a lot of time trying to abuse the jumping strike, there are some really cool positions where you can by pass obstacles

Spider's den over smaller holes, Leoric's mansion, Jail (between certain cells) and into the final act of the chapter

Yeah, I had fun jumping through closed doors in the Beta. I have tried it in retail to see if it still works. Also, hit me up on Steam if you ever want to play.

I don't think WoW has been down for maintenance (barring an absolutely massive content patch) for years. They really have an impressive server setup there. Diablo is still new, and probably needs a few more kinks worked out.

Every Tuesday morning, WoW goes down its server list taking groups of servers down for about 15 minutes at at time. Like Twig said, by the time an hour is up all the servers are back online, but it happens.

Hell is taking its toll on me.

I've been hearing that I should focus on doing more damage, rather than taking less damage. HMMM.