Cigol

Diablo III

Ok, the Auction House timed out on me, leaving me without the gold I used to purchase the item, as well as without the item itself.. :( At least it wasn't expensive, but still..

Log out and log aback in and check your completed tab, that happened to me one time I was looking to upgrade my items and I bought another item and it happened again so I figured the AH was just not working so I tried it an hour later and it worked adn when I went to the completed tab to send the weapon to my stash all 3 weapons were there.

I can't sell anything on the AH anymore. And I even price my stuff significantly cheaper than similarly-statted items I see. ):

Also I started a new HC wizard. I don't really like the wizard, but... maybe it'll be fun eventually. I liked WD right away, but also I will admit it wasn't really that fun until I got my tank pet at level 19.

And the templar's voice acting is one of the most over-the-top performances I've heard in anything, ever.

I have to say that hearing the Templar-Barbarian interactions all game has been my favorite part because they slip into so-bad-they're-amusing mode.

So great to fight evil with you bro. Sure is great to knock back some demons huh. Battling is cool. Love the smell of justice in the morning.

Yeah, my favorite is when we meet Magic enemies and he goes "A worthy opponent!" and then I dispatch the enemy so quickly, he immediately goes "What a glorious opponent!"

My least favorite, is the stupid merchant in Bastion's Stronghold, who has an awful voice actor going on about "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it!" and he says it every god damn time, with his stupid, stupid accent.

Log out and log aback in and check your completed tab, that happened to me one time I was looking to upgrade my items and I bought another item and it happened again so I figured the AH was just not working so I tried it an hour later and it worked adn when I went to the completed tab to send the weapon to my stash all 3 weapons were there.

This is a pig. It timed out on my first purchase (Legendary) and I didn't get it (so I thought,) so I bought another. Now I'm skint, with 2 legendary items the same.

I ended up getting my item, eventually. It just took longer than usual. Still, this kind of stuff will freak people out when real money will eventually be used in the auction house..

Side note: I think it's weird that Blizzard takes a 15% cut in my sales, when it's not even real money. What are they going to do with 15% of my made-up gold?

I ended up getting my item, eventually. It just took longer than usual. Still, this kind of stuff will freak people out when real money will eventually be used in the auction house..

Side note: I think it's weird that Blizzard takes a 15% cut in my sales, when it's not even real money. What are they going to do with 15% of my made-up gold?

Money-sink to stem in-game inflation.

On a whim I switched the game to German language (for practicing reasons). Imagine my surprise when it initialised, without prompt, a 3 Gigabyte download that I was unable to stop if I wanted to ever play again.

Afterwards, imagine my surprise when the voice acting turned out to be great in German, and for the first time I had something of an emotional reaction to the otherwise quite humdrum opening cinematic.

On a whim I switched the game to German language (for practicing reasons). Imagine my surprise when it initialised, without prompt, a 3 Gigabyte download that I was unable to stop if I wanted to ever play again.

Afterwards, imagine my surprise when the voice acting turned out to be great in German, and for the first time I had something of an emotional reaction to the otherwise quite humdrum opening cinematic.

I bet everyone sounded much more intensely driven and diabolical, just like the real Germans!

Vergesst nich deine Gumistiefel weil es regnet immer in Holle.

Quite the opposite, it is a lot less stilted and more naturalistic. Especially Cain is hard to take seriously in English, he's such a quivering, shaky old manperson.

Just wait until you get to Shen and it's still James Hong

Bloody hell I hope that's true.

Just tried a public game and someone asked me what my Wizard's intelligence was. I replied it was 500 something something, and he was take aback. I thought, maybe it surprises him that it's so high!

Nope, he had over 1000 intelligence at the same level. Now I feel like a shitty Wizard..

Am I way underpowered compared to the rest of you? I've got something around 600-700 dps, but other people seem to have enough to put a neat little k at the end. That makes me kind of sad. :( Also, it somehow makes me compelled to play even more of this freaking, addicting shit!

The AH makes it so that people at the same level can have ridicuoulsy differnt power levels. I was running around happy as larry with my legendary monk staff that i had got while questing with wrestlevania and poo. I then met a monk one level lower that had a 1H epic with an epic gem that had around 50% more DPS than my two hand. I was sad, but unlike you it makes me want to play less rather than more.

I have a WD at 35. Bought a legendary item, and it's only then that I broke 500 DPS. (Had been killed a few times by Diablo on normal which is what prompted me). The latent skills I have chosen though, make the enemies drop more health globes and they also boost my intelligence. So in a pitched battle, the DPS scales significantly. I've seen it peak at 1300, and crit for 2K. But this is not so high, I'm thinking, despite me picking clothing for intelligence boosts. Vitality as a result is fairly low - only 2.9K HPs, so I'm a bit of a glass cannon really. Glass pop-gun is maybe more accurate! I'm sure this will cause problems later down the line.

Right after I hit Nightmare I had a huge boost in DPS, and then right before I just beat NM Diablo I had another when I bought a silly little magic sword (not even rare!). It's crazy what a difference it makes. At about 1200 DPS, NM Diablo was a terrible drag, just such a chore. Then I shot up to 3500 DPS (!) and it made a world of difference. He was perfectly doable now, which made the whole fight so much more exciting and pleasant.

On a different note, I wonder what will happen when the real money auction house goes online. Will the fake money one disappear? We are now perhaps in a rare and unique moment in this game where we can purchase legendary items with (a lot of) random, farmable gold. That might disappear soon, sadly.

So far out of all of my real life friends who play this game, which is around 8 of my friends, only one of them and myself haven't been hacked. I know none of then have been at sketchy sites so the chances of them all getting keyloggers is pretty low considering they all played WoW for years and none of them have ever had an account hacked. I have an authenticator on my account, but a couple months ago my WoW account was hacked (after being deactivated well over a year ago) so I don't know how much it helps.

My least favorite, is the stupid merchant in Bastion's Stronghold, who has an awful voice actor going on about "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it!" and he says it every god damn time, with his stupid, stupid accent.

Just think of that vendor as

and if you were me you would enjoy your shopping experience a whole lot more.

I realise this might not be news to everyone, but I've only just discovered if you set the buyout limit relatively low (around 3,000 for example) you can get some really good deals. Maybe not the best deals - I don't know - but if you're short on money it seems a good way to tool up. I guess either everything else is ridiculously overpriced or nobody told these guys.

I realise this might not be news to everyone, but I've only just discovered if you set the buyout limit relatively low (around 3,000 for example) you can get some really good deals. Maybe not the best deals - I don't know - but if you're short on money it seems a good way to tool up. I guess either everything else is ridiculously overpriced or nobody told these guys.

This is because the market UI is so bad that people usually have an easier time selling their stuff at higher prices than at lower ones. Very frustrating to dump 10 items on the AH at low prices (think 1.5-2x what I'd get from selling them to a vendor) and have them all come back unsold.

This is because the market UI is so bad that people usually have an easier time selling their stuff at higher prices than at lower ones. Very frustrating to dump 10 items on the AH at low prices (think 1.5-2x what I'd get from selling them to a vendor) and have them all come back unsold.

On the flipside, I've been watching a stream where the guys just farm all day in act 4 inferno with tons of mf so they get tons of good items and they'll sell them for incredibly low proces just to make sure they sell and don't fill up an AH slot for a long time. They also will just sell items to people in the stream chat for super cheap because they usually have a few of their 10 AH slots that are selling the super good items they find (the ones going for multiple millions) so they can't sell stuff fast enough to not get bottlenecked by the 10 item limit.