Cigol

Diablo III

It's technically live now, but obviously the login servers have exploded so getting in is a matter of ridiculous luck, if it's possible at all right now.

Says in the launcher that the servers won't be up until 8 AM GMT.

I played wow for long enough too see a few bliz launches. Oh god they burned. Despite my previous reservations, I'm probably going to get this in few days. loot fever is starting to set in!

"Due to high concurrency the loging servers are currently at full capacity" :frusty:

So, I guess they didn't prepare for the possibility that everyone that pre-ordered the game would want to login as they opened up the game.

This is what I saw when I launched it earlier today.

Which is 3am for me. :(

breakingnews.jpg

Though I just checked now and it says 12:01 am PDT.

So they pushed it back a whole minute since I last checked.

I managed to get in... somehow.

Played about 1.5hrs with the Witchdoctor. He's not much fun to begin with, but I've already unlocked my first pet and also my first rune, which is making him more interesting already.

Visually, this is reminding me an awful lot of of Torchlight... :fart:

Me and my two bros got all got in after about 40 minutes of waiting. After that, everything went smoothly. The game seems a bit chaotic with regards to conversations and things happening... I guess it's just as well I'm not super invested in the story.

This is what I saw when I launched it earlier today.

Which is 3am for me. :(

CDT here, so I'm going with the sleep-super-early-and-game-before-work plan myself. (Hopefully the servers won't be as crazy then too.)

26 more minutes for those of us in the US. Being one hour off in Mountain Time, I don't mind waiting for midnight PST, but it's pretty ridiculous for those stuck waiting until 3am EST.

stuck at character create screen, keep timing out. It's okay thought I expected this so I'm doing other stuff on the side.

Any Thumbs have a US guest pass to donate? I want to see how it runs on my MacBook before I lay down the $.

Even planning on installing Windows 7 to see if it will run better! :eek:

Any Thumbs have a US guest pass to donate? I want to see how it runs on my MacBook before I lay down the $.

Even planning on installing Windows 7 to see if it will run better! :eek:

Where might I check if I do?

Where might I check if I do?

According to The Bliz they are in all boxed copies of Diablo 3, not sure where though! Maybe as a insert or in the manual?

I think the regular edition gets two while the CE gets three.

According to The Bliz they are in all boxed copies of Diablo 3, not sure where though! Maybe as a insert or in the manual?

I think the regular edition gets two while the CE gets three.

They're rounded card inserts, like giant trading cards, tucked behind the manual in the boxed copy.

(Both of mine have gone already, sorry.)

Oh, I got it digitally, so no dice, sorry!

Deckard Cain is dead! There's a black angel and he's been kidnapped! I really don't care! Where's my next upgrade?!

I believe my BattleTag to be Gwardinen#2776 if anyone wishes to add me. I'll be pootling around the European servers a fair bit, but may potentially be able to play on American ones too.

Oh yeah, Battle tags!

TraumaHound#1840 over here.

I'm a wizard.

edit: though maybe there should be a Diablo 3 tag thread in Multiplayer Networking so as not to shit this one up.

edit 2: I'd make one myself, but I think of myself as more of an "idea guy" than a "doing stuff guy."

I played through the beta chapters this morning before work. Nothing's changed besides a few balance tweaks (they added a shield skeleton and it seems the guardian runs away more but maybe that's just my imagination)

My character is Thelonious the Monk.

The story is really background, but that's par for the course for my experience with blizzard games. It's more about getting to build your character and play around with your skill-set.

I'm also intrigued by the Auction House. I wonder if I can earn back what I spent on the game with absolute minimum effort spent.

I got two EU guest pass thingys if anyone wants one.

there were shield skeletons before

Huh, I guess you're right. I didn't notice them at all for some reason before. They were kind more of a nuisance this time around... I only played through the beta a couple of times though, so my memory is likely at fault.