toblix

Mass Effect

well... it was one of the more interesting heightmaps in the game. or at least it wasn't has horribly generated as most of the planets I visited.

a bit of more smoothing iin their heightmap generating algorithm couldn't have hurt.

btw, is it just me or does mass effect have a lot of similarities with anachronox

Oh, Anachronox. That was an awesome game if I ever played one. So funny, so varied, so great and awesome. I never finished it because I got stuck, not knowing, like som psychic, the exact combination of characters I had to take with me to win some boss battle.

Anyway, I have been this close to actually viewing a playthrough of the game because I remember it as really well-written and awesome.

there is not really a required combination for any boss fight, any will do.

you just have to keep an eye out on the most effective attacks during a battle.

where did you get stuck?

It's a long time ago, I don't really remember. I got the feeling I was nearing the end, though. It's one of the unfinished games I'm really almost sad about.

They almost certainly are.

But before that: Dragon Age :tup:

Also mystery MMO which is probably KotOR online.

Just got Mass Effect for the PC (and Mirror's Edge for XBox). I must say the dialogue is even more awesome than I expected, the first minutes of it already made quite an impression. And at least at the very beginning it does feel like you can safely skip some dialogue or pick any answer you like without missing much, whereas in most RPG-s there is usually a right answer you should pick or exhaust the whole tree. It really has a more movie-like and realistic flow to it.

But are the graphics supposed to be grainy? The static-like effect is somewhat bothering me.

But are the graphics supposed to be grainy? The static-like effect is somewhat bothering me.

Yes, it's used to cover up some of the ugly rendering artifacts, turning off the static makes it even more ugly. But after a while you get used to it.

dialogue is good... un like the rest of the game

:tdown:

Seems like I might come to the same conclusion as I'm already disliking the combat and all the related menus. And I don't really like the dialogue picker either, I'm sure it could be implemented better while retaining all the benefits (perhaps visualised like a mindmap?).

The dialogue menu is fine, except that it follows a standard layout so the same kind of response is always in the same place.

Combat can be fun(ish), or it can suck. It depends. Spaff wanted to play as a "spellcaster" class and so went biotic and had a shit time with it. unfortunately psychic/biotic/engineering/ magic spells in the game are purely for support. Go soldier or soldier hybrid. If you haven't then restart the game. Seriously.

The dialogue menu is fine, except that it follows a standard layout so the same kind of response is always in the same place.

Combat can be fun(ish), or it can suck. It depends. Spaff wanted to play as a "spellcaster" class and so went biotic and had a shit time with it. unfortunately psychic/biotic/engineering/ magic spells in the game are purely for support. Go soldier or soldier hybrid. If you haven't then restart the game. Seriously.

Or just set the combat to casual, like I did.

When does playing the wizard not suck?

So far in most games I played only the warrior or warrior-hybrid classes worked well

Does inflitrator (or whatever the sniper was called) count as soldier hybrid?

When does playing the wizard not suck?

So far in most games I played only the warrior or warrior-hybrid classes worked well

I thought wizards in Baldur's Gate games had an advantage? At least some of my coworkers claimed that. I always played some kind of monk or thief in those games.