ThunderPeel2001

Where is everybody?

Ooh, I've got a new girlfriend since a few weeks and she absolutely blows my mind. I've never been in love as much as this, I get nervous just thinking about her =)

And she's a Pokémon fanatic. What more can I possibly ask for? I gave her a Drifloon card from the Pokémon TCG as a token of my love, and it was duly accepted.

It's summer, which for me means music festival season and working full time in order to afford the trips to said festivals. Already hit up Sasquatch, next on the agenda is Sled Island (which thankfully takes place in my home town, so I only had to buy tickets) and the Calgary Folk Fest (ditto). After that is the trips to Canmore and Salmon Arm for their respective blues festivals. Good times.

Also, I'll probably be picking up Mario Kart Wii tomorrow. If anyone has it and wants a go online, I'll post my friend code when I've got one.

Excellent! Congrats ^_^ If the wedding is in the Netherlands I'll come and cheer you on ;)

Sup people. I'm in London (in a flat in Willesden Green) and will likely go to Brighton next week-ish too. If anyone wants to meet up, have a pint or play some Rockband tell me (also, I have more drums experience than the last time I posted here since my sister bought some drums for use on my XBox before I moved out).

Welcome to London! We should meet up for a drink sometime. I live in Clapham and my girlfriend lives in South Woodford (east London), so I'll usually be around/in between those two places.

Aye! I'm free whenever since I'm not working so tell me when's good. I'm NW but am mostly in the city centre everyday except when the weather sucks (like now).

Hey N0wak! What day are you down?

I bumped into TWmac the other night. I think there's more thumbers here in Brighton than I realised.

You'd be surprised Dan.

I'm only in Brighton for another week, roughly.

Has to do with thekenty and (very old idle thumber) Beardy being in town and having the desire to play 360.

That said, every time I revisit Brighton it reminds me of why I loved living here.

EDIT: I heard that there be some kind of games related pub quiz going on at the Caroline of Brunswick in Brighton on the 28th of this month. I think you need to apply via Internet but there are people like guys from Babel, Epic (not THE Epic) and Euro Gamer showing up.

Aye! I'm free whenever since I'm not working so tell me when's good. I'm NW but am mostly in the city centre everyday except when the weather sucks (like now).

Hmmm. The weather sucks most days... Welcome to England! :tup:

I can bring the knowledge of Canadian geography, ice hockey and which celebrity, to your surprise, is actually canadian (Seth Rogan?) Probably not all that useful for a British pub trivia night, but there you have it. :getmecoat

(BTW, is anyone going to "Develop" in Brighton later this summer? I'm curious but the conference is way too pricy.)

Any of your works you care to put online in some form? I spent years studying Art & Design in college and university, but don't have any of my portfolio left to hand now.

I'm moving this post, because I don't feel comfortable posting it in the same thread as links to, you know, actual artists

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77639495@N00/sets/72157606072536193/

2653292902_87d49ce27e.jpg

I'm moving this post, because I don't feel comfortable posting it in the same thread as links to, you know, actual artists

Poppy-cock - it's fantastic work, Dan!

That's me that posted about the cover btw. :shifty:

Dan, I meant to say great work. Queued it up to read on the bus home when you first posted it, but forgot to come back and reply. Sorry.

Your style reminds me a little of Dave McKean, and the story reminds me a little of Lost.

I should be at that pub quiz too. Any of you fancy forming a Thumbs team?

Oops, scratch that. Rare have bagged me for theirs.

I'd be up for a team thumbs in the pub quiz, I assume it is gaming related for which my knowledge is not that strong compared to other brighton thumbers. I'm sure marek spaff dan and rusalka could be up for it.

I heard that there be some kind of games related pub quiz going on at the Caroline of Brunswick in Brighton on the 28th of this month. I think you need to apply via Internet but there are people like guys from Babel, Epic (not THE Epic) and Euro Gamer showing up.

according to the guardian website it seems those that arrive early get a space.

yup I'll try and keep the night free. From their website it seems it is justa general "geek" quiz. We might need a Star Trek expert.

Thanks for the kind words on the art. I have a game-related piece that I will upload also.

On the quiz, I don't think they'll be turning people away on the night. I gave the organisers a heads up about an Idle Thumbs team possibly coming along.