ThunderPeel2001

Where is everybody?

I guess this is turning in to the official "post your life" thread, so I'll contribute. Finished up school for the year and some other stuff, played a bit of GTA IV. Applied for some jobs and was told I could start working in August, which means I'm strapped for cash for a few more months, but with a lot of spare time to post stuff here.

It felt sort of weird not even checking the forums out for a month or two. Tomorrow I'm going to the release party for Battlefield: Bad Company, so maybe I'll post some pictures!

Fucking up my ankle pretty badly: :tdown:

Not being able to dance or go running: :tdown::tmeh:

Having a few days where I just had to rest with it propped up, right after getting GTA IV: :tup:

Been working a lot so haven't had the time to post.

Am thousands of miles from my 360 and all other consoles so I have been relying on a bunch of games available at the offices I work at and all the XLA titles on my profile.

Finshed up Heavy Weapon, Conan (on King difficulty) Halo 3 (on legendary) as well as playing Alien Homnid, Super Puzzle Fighter HD, Jetpac Refuelled (600000 points Miffy!), a bit of Gun on insane (painful) and I finally played the intro to Assasin's Creed, very pretty but it was like being hit by the boring stick repeatedly.

Where is everybody? Busy playing Smiley's Shooty Adventure obviously! :tup: Right? RIIIGHT!?

I've been playing GTA IV and writing video games. GTAIV has been good, but not the OMG AMAZING game that everyone has made it out to be. I mean, yeah I love it and all, but it is - for the most part - still using the same formula that GTA3 pioneered, and after playing 4 or 5 of those games, I was hoping IV would do things a little bit differently. But still, wonderful game.

SiN

GRAH!

So apparently the 60GB PS3s have some issues with MGS3: Subsistence. There are several cutscenes that simply don't work on my system. Luckily, I was only an hour in when I discovered this. I'll have a go with an older, non-subsistence copy and see what happens.

Aside from that, finishing MGS2 was a pleasure as always. So good. And my shiny new Dual Shock 3 is fantastic. Actually feels like I'm playing a proper game again, rather than just flicking around a cheap and way too light piece of plastic. One week left until MGS4, though I won't have anymore game time until Sunday. I'll have to really set myself to finishing MGS3, especially if I'm restarting next time I play.

Also, MGS: Portable Ops = :tup:. I'm spending way too much time with Solid/Liquid/Solidus/Naked Snake and Raiden these last few weeks, but damn do I love it.

EDIT: Turns out that the version of MGS3 in the essentials pack is Subsistence anyway, just without the second disc. Mysteriously though, this one is working fine. Even lets me use the save I had from before, so no starting over necessary. Also, I still get to use the 3D camera. Score! They must have optimized the rerelease to make sure it works with the people who are most likely to be refreshing for MGS4.

Any of your works you care to put online in some form? I spent years studying Art & Design in college and university, but don't have any of my portfolio left to hand now.

Sure, I'll post it next week when the exhibition goes public.

My gaming life died just a bit when I started working full time. And then died a bit more when I decided I hated my job and devoted more time to looking for a better job. (Ideally, one far away. More ideally, one in the UK. Anyone need an American web developer on their team?) And then it died yet some more when I started taking up rock climbing and dating as hobbies.

But, after a few months in the closet, my video game time is coming back out. I couldn't stay away for too long! Huzzah!

It's good to switch off properly if you not done so in a while. Good for you.

(But it's nice to have you back too!)

I'm busy learning a new langauge and playing MGS4. Though not at the same time.

But, after a few months in the closet, my video game time is coming back out. I couldn't stay away for too long! Huzzah!

Welcome back to our potentially murderer-training pastime!

As will happen about once every year, at the moment I have a powerful lust for playing Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos.

This time it was sparked by the memory of the bitter war between the Knowles and the Xeobs.

lol3.jpg

They're two races you encounter late in the game that have nothing whatsoever to do with the plot. Each of them ask you to wipe out the other party and you have no choice but to commit genocide. I always opt to annihilate the Xeobs, because the Knowles reward you with increased magic (and I always choose the magic user Ak'shell in the beginning).

But you have to admire a game that forces you to commit genocide in an unrelated obligatory quest.

Lol.

Retro games time: I've just started playing Fallout on a recommendation from a friend. So far I'm liking. It reminds me a LOT of Bioshock. I can't believe they've got a very similar 50's style character called "Pip-Boy", for example.

Tomorrow night, I'll play GTA4 Oh, the sweet calm before the storm

new boyfriend :yep:

have missed fora!

Now why'd you go and do a silly thing like that, Jo? They smell and just play computer games all day long.

They're a waste of time if you ask me.

Hey, Thrik, is that Brutal Legend site ready to launch yet? We really need some Brutal Legend fix!

Not yet, friend. :D

It isn't really that far off being launchable, but I'm going on holiday in a few days and have otherwise been busy with other projects so I've been reluctant to launch it.

Once I get back though I'll be sorting it out, in time for E3.

I haven't been playing much of anything or even watching much of anything, save for the European Championships and the odd BSG episode, so I don't have much to contribute. Mostly I've been working a shit-ton and preparing and organizing things and doing all this shit in anticipation of the "move" to the UK in three weeks. I'll be in London on the 8th. Might go down to Brighton after that for... stuff :shifty: If anyone wants to meet-up with an awkward Canadian, let me know! Totally adequate times can be possibly had.

Most of the guys are in Brighton, but feel free to get in touch with me, Alex, Bob or Eljay when you're in London. Just PM one of us.

Or me, if you'd like.

Whereabouts in Canada are you from? Also: Can you play Rock Band/Guitar Hero?

Toronto. And yes :shifty: Weak on drums (don't own them) and I won't bore you with my monotone singing, but I can play expert guitar. :gaming: I'm not quite at Miffy's level of insanity but I can hold my own.

Yes! Maybe I can unlock some of the two-player achievements in GH! :)

What I mean to say is... It would be lovely to welcome you to the sights of London (via my flat window).

jesus, he really is taking up a lot of time.

shut up wrestle! im finally going out with someone who knows less about games than i do! i'm right even when i'm wrong! it's fantastic!

so what's everyone doing?

Now why'd you go and do a silly thing like that, Jo? They smell and just play computer games all day long.

They're a waste of time if you ask me.