Sign in to follow this  
miffy495

Rhythm Tengoku DS!!!!

Holy crap! I don't know how many of you remember Rhythm Tengoku for the GBA, but as a Japan-only rhythm game made by the Warioware team, it caught my attention right away when it came out in 2006. I imported it right away and it became one of my favorite games of that year. Crazy addictive and very fun. And now it gets a sequel. Hells. Yes.

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey, this is that crazy game that I almost didn't start playing because I thought maybe the whole intro sequence with the printer was the whole thing.

Yeah, it's using it to try and calibrate how in tune with the game's rhythm you are. Goes on a minute or two as I remember, then the game starts. I lent my copy to my girlfriend so she'd have something to play on her gameboy. I think I'll need to replay it pretty soon. If I recall correctly, about a year and a half ago there was a thread where we named our games of 2006 and this was mine. So awesome.

Tommy, you may actually know this. I got that little "perfect" flower on all but one game (I think the one I was missing was the second [harder] "clap and sing backup along with the two women and the singer" one) and I always wondered if getting perfect on everything would give me some special reward. Is there anything there?

I don't know, sorry. I really didn't bother trying to get all the perfects, and no guide has the answer.

Wow, excellent news.

There's not much that makes me regret not having DS still, but this (and the newly revealed portable Castlevania) is enough to make me feel guilty.

And a little related factoid: I've been replaying Rhythm Tengoku, via a GBA emulator, on my PSP a fair bit lately. I'm still embarrassingly bad at it, however... :shifty:

I've been replaying Rhythm Tengoku, via a GBA emulator,

You need near perfect timing to play the game, so if there's *any* slowdown at all with the emulator, you're going to have a huge disadvantage.

Having suffered under some rather nasty input lag when originally trying to play the game via a PC emulator, you're not wrong.

Fortunately, the PSP implementation seems perfect. But I'm still pretty bad at it.

The Japanese version is out by the end of the month. No clue about the localized versions. I was actually a mouse click away from importing it when I heard the E3 announcement, but I guess I'll just be boring and wait for the American version.