Sign in to follow this  
ysbreker

NO NO NO NO NO (neuromancer the movie)

Hayden "I will dumb down your scifi" Christensen.

Hmm, was the protagonist in Neuromancer a whiney little bitch? If so Hayden may be perfect!

Wow, the producers must really not know their market. Do they not realise that all the fans of the book are also fans of beating Hayden Christensen over the face with a tree branch?

This film is ruined already.

...words simply fail me. What a beguilingly atrocious and wholly inappropriate choice of actor to play Case.

If I'd read about this anywhere other than IMDb I'd have unequivocally called horse-shit on anyone who suggested such a fucking stupid idea. :tdown:

After my fury and upset at Indie 4 last night, this is a bonus kick in the teeth. ;(

GIVE ME THE FUCKING ROLE, FOR FUCK'S SAKE, YOU STUPID FUCKS! I GENUINELY LOVE THIS FUCKING BOOK AND YOU'RE ABOUT TO FUCK IT UP THE FUCKING FUCK! FUCKERS!

A random punt on some over-opinionated random Internet forumite would unquestionably produce superior results to the frowny, shouty, primary school amateur dramatics Christensen is barely even capable of.

Why is this thoroughly hate-able walking soft drink advert paradigm still even in Hollywood anyway? Wasn't Jumper a rather catastrophic financial flop and universally panned by critics?

I really hope Gibson gets his freak on with this one; he's been refusing to hand over the rights to this for more than a decade now--I doubt he's now doing a backflip to discover sock-puppet Vader will be playing his best-loved character.

I... I... I'm going to have an embolism and a pint of drain cleaner. :frusty:

Errr... I think the fact that it's from the director of Torque is a bigger problem, myself. That and the fact that the book has had things ripped out of it so many times that most people will find it "unoriginal".

Considering that Neo essentially = Case and Reeves managed to pull it off, I reckon Christiansen might be ok. After all, Lucas isn't involved.

I really hope Gibson gets his freak on with this one; he's been refusing to hand over the rights to this for more than a decade now.

He has? But it's nearly been made a few times, hasn't it? What about that Chuck Russell script? Also, wasn't Chris Cunningham going to do it at one point? I guess I'm out the loop. Some good news, though: That Neuromancer movie was originally announced a year ago. I'm guessing that it's not going to happen any time soon, as I read it was supposed to be a rush project back then.

Yes the director also sucks. I reckon we can look forward to the same kind of treatment that was given to I, Robot.

I reckon we can look forward to the same kind of treatment that was given to I, Robot.

But I, Robot was awesome.

Still, not nearly as bad as it could have been. Will Smith really helped it out. Hayden, just, ugh. Does anyone remember why he got to where he is now to begin with? His popularity just seems utterly undeserved and illogical. Is George Lucas to blame for his jump to big-budget action films?