Thrik

50 Cent: Blood On The Sand

Haaaaaaahahahaha:

G-Unit are putting on a show somewhere in the Middle East. The crowd are pleased, but the promoter refuses to pay 50 Cent and G-Unit. The promoter does not give them money, but a very valuable diamond encrusted skull instead. G-Unit are about to leave the country when they are ambushed and the skull is taken away from them. The game then continues with the group trying to get what's rightfully theirs and finding out who ambushed them and why in order to get revenge.
The game will include vehicle missions such as a driver-and-turret-gunner Humvee road chase and a helicopter-borne shootout.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_Cent:_Blood_on_the_Sand :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

The trailer is just frankly embarrassing to watch. ;(

That gun barrel to cigar transition alone reeks quality.

The trailer is just frankly embarrassing to watch. ;(

My favorite part is at the very end when he comes to the center of all of this trouble and it's some albino shaman type, then he cocks his shotgun.

Isn't the bad guy also known as The Man?

Frankly this trailer as a nice editing/directing (what's the translation for mise en scène?) but the content still reeks of ultimate badness, including the 3D models, the music and oh my god the animations. If it was a bit worse, it could be mistaken for the 3D shorts from Videogaiden (which, by the way, are my most hate segments of the show)

(what's the translation for mise en scène?)

I think it's "mise en scéne".

I agree with Vimes; nice directing, but the art style sucks. It looks like the Saturday-morning cartoon version of 50 Cent. Come to think of it, that's probably their target audience.

(Reminds me of the story of the director at Climax who asked for the cutscenes in one of the ATV games to be made to look worse, so as to match their target audience expectations.)

If everything wasn't so poorly overlit, it'd immediately look better.

As it is, it's a pastely mess. It also looks painfully basic, despite the reasonable animation rigging.

The premiss remains utterly farcical though; yes, Mr Cent, you had a horrible start to life. But just carry on taking lots and lots of money for music and leave video games alone. It's in everyone's best interest.

50 Cent: Blood on the Sand has been canceled.

Once again,

50 Cent facts:

1. 50 Cent is a mammal.

2. 50 Cent fights ALL the time.

3. The purpose of 50 Cent is to flip out and kill people.

I imagine Mr. Cent will be inflicting a harsh fate on all those at Activision-Blizzard over this.

Thank goodness for mergers and acquisitions! :getmecoat

Edit: Update from Kotaku:

While I'm still waiting for some sort of official word from the companies involved, this is what we've heard: While 50-Cent: Blood on the Sand was indeed jettisoned by Activision, the project isn't dead. In fact we're told that it is approaching gold and that a deal, perhaps with THQ as publisher, is in the wings.

Good for Swordfish, bad for gaming.

Edited by Wrestlevania
Added Kotaku update (and snark).

Oh no :tdown:

Also, Eurogamer made a press release filled gem of a post about it refusing to kark it:

Blood on the Sand - for Xbox 360 and PS3 - aims to improve vastly on 50 Cent: Bulletproof by using a six-pillar foundation for success: gunplay, interactive counter-kills, a G-Unit buddy system, online play, music and the levels featuring driving and flying.

It sounds like the best euphemism for feature creep ever. Coming soon, a 29 pillar foundation for success.

If this were any other game, I'd criticise the animation of the main character. In this case, the animators must be praised for mimicing so closely how stupid 50 actually looks and acts.

Also, I wonder how long it took them to teach the voice over guy the correct pronunciation of 'Fiddy'

You gotta have some ego to have a game like this made about yourself. I wonder if he sits at home, wanking to the in-game footage.

I wonder if he did conceive it, or a manger/PR cock did. If him, I bet it's now gone beyond the physical act of wanking himself raw, morphing into a much less tiring but unsinkable sense of self importance.