Sign in to follow this  
twmac

SEGA signs deal with some guys who made Okami and Resident Evil

Bastards!

They basically signed a deal with SEGA to make three games they were ex-Clover studio people who worked on Resident Evil, DMC and Okami.

The first was called Bayonetta and is supposed to rather mental with some woman who has a chainsaw hand and machineguns for feet.

The second was a DS RPG which I ignored.

The third was supposed to be some kind of hyper stylised Wii game in black and white with tons of gore.

Wonder why they got rid of it?

I'm rathe rannoyed as I almost copied and pasted the article but then didn't because I was busy.

They have the juciest bits quoted on Kotaku, as they got to it before it was pulled. Although I'm a kinda drunk at the moment, so finding it is not likely to happen.

They have the juciest bits quoted on Kotaku, as they got to it before it was pulled.

You're going to force me to browse Kotaku now, you drunken bustard.

Edit: Found it, but twmac's already exposed the juicy bits.

Ah good, I remembered most of it.

Kotaku have it as a rumour. Maybe SEGA haven't signed along the dotted line yet?

If true, I'm sure SEGA will. They're not stupid; look at how well their collaborations with Monolith worked out.

True.

I really need to buy a copy of Condemned 2. That game is looking great, even Videogaiden liked it (despite motion sickness)

Try the demo, it reminded me a lot of Kingpin. But in a good way.

The motion sickness even got to me within about 20 minutes though. That fish-eye lens they use gives brilliant vision, but really makes me ill.

Didn't get that with the first game at all though, so maybe start there if you haven't played it already - it's still one of my most favourite games.

I've been finding it hard to get into condemned 2. Not sure why, perhaps it's the "Seen it all before" thing.

It is true (was removed before because they broke embargo); here's the develop story and here is a video (poor quality off-screen capture) of Mad World.

The screen shots, the lovely screen shots.

Madworld has made me think about buying a Wii.

Mad World reminds me of No More Heroes, which I didn't buy because I can't get a hold of the proper version.

Absolutely stunning.

I haven't seen anything this beautiful, ever.

A friend brought the demo round on a burnt DVD and we played through the two scenarios, the controls are slick and the action slicker. It makes devil may cry look like... Well I don't want to start mocking other games.

Certainly it has the same gating problem that games of this ilk all have but I honestly didn't care.

I now can't wait for this to be out.

Damn, really? I was probably going to give this one a miss, honestly. It looked fun but forgettable. Is the demo publicly available anywhere? I now feel compelled to try it.

For the X360 demo, there are sites you can download it from, plop it on a disc and then run it through your X360 (no modding on your X360 required).

It is very pretty, the move list is ridiculous, and ridiculously long. The set pieces are really, really interesting just to watch.