Sign in to follow this  
Moosferatu

Stranger

Check out this awesome fansite for Stranger (and Oddworld in general). Is it just me or does this game look extremely awesome? It's dripping with style.

oddworld_christmas_card_03.jpg

What amazes me is that Microsoft went out of its way to kill off all the cool games that they had in production after Ed Freeze abandoned ship.

What amazes me is that Microsoft went out of its way to kill off all the cool games that they had in production after Ed Freeze abandoned ship.

Dude, what are you talking about! I'm so stoaked over Blinx 2. It's crazy! :partyhat:

Trep: I've heard mixed things about it. I think it's supposed to be very puzzley while not that platformy. I've never played it myself, but I've always been drawn to the Oddworld series for its awesome visuals and atmosphere. I have yet to actually buy any of the games, but someday I know I'm going to cave. Probably next year at college when I'm looking for a cheap game.

A friend of mine loves that game. He also had the boner for Alice, which I adored. But then he loves anything wierd and wacky. Have you played Alice?

Nope. *nervous cough* Um, I don't think my parents would probably think to highly of it. :shifty: It looks interesting though, so I might give it a try someday.

Oh, that's right. Your parents. Well, once you turn 18.... :D

It is graphically violent, but so is Bugs Bunny. But then Bugs doesn't show blood and decapitation, even though Itchy & Scratchy do

It's Munch's Oddyssey, not Munchkin's. I liked it. It's a lot more actiony than Abe's Oddyssey and Abe's Exodus, and even though I don't think the last game comes anywhere near the two 2d predecessors, I still think it's great, and I'd definitely play it if I hadn't already. There's quite a bit of play in it, too, so it gives a lot of bang for the buck, if you're into that sort of thing.

And if you didn't know it already, in Munch's Oddyssey, you play as both Abe and Munch, and there's a lot of gameplay based on toggling between the two and they both have their own strenghts and weaknesses, blah blah blah.

But it's pretty cool.

edit: Pretty embarrassing: I just found out, it's Munch's Oddysee

A friend of mine loves that game. He also had the boner for Alice, which I adored. But then he loves anything wierd and wacky. Have you played Alice?

american mc gee's alice is awesome, because of the great level-design. but the book is still better. ;)

btw, i only know the first part of oddworld, it was a very hard game for me and i stucked somewhere.

"hello!" - "hi!" - "follow me!" - "okay!"

Ha! You missed my Wizard Of Oz reference, brickhead!

Well, you missed my Police Academy: Mission to Moscow reference, so I guess we're even.

Yeah, no shit. It seems Ed Fries single-handedly took all the cool games under his wing. I really like the guy and I wonder where he'll end up next. Whoever hires him will surely send a minor shockwave through the industry, as Fries was widely respected among devs and gamers.

This game atleast won't be restricted to Xbox only, so more people can enjoy it....maybe they'll bring the series back to the PC.

I found an article about Ed from December of 2001, and it said that he was 37. So, he's obviously either 40, or about to turn 40.

ever

This game atleast won't be restricted to Xbox only, so more people can enjoy it....maybe they'll bring the series back to the PC.

I'm pretty sure it's only for XBox and PS2. That was my first sentence on the Idle Forums, ever!

Yeah, no shit. It seems Ed Fries single-handedly took all the cool games under his wing. I really like the guy and I wonder where he'll end up next. Whoever hires him will surely send a minor shockwave through the industry, as Fries was widely respected among devs and gamers.

Yeah.