Sign in to follow this  
Marek

Battlestar Galactica Final Season Thread

That was some good shit, I guess the destruction of earth was somehow Starbuck's fault (as she is the harbinger of death) I'm guessing some remnant of life on earth will come out and blame her. And then there'll be a fight between the the other faction of cylons and alliance not sure how the fifth is going to factor in.

Man Tyrol's baby is fugly.

Going back to the resurrection hub, what is to stop the cylons building a new one, or was such technology bestowed upon them by some higher power?

Interesting but kinda a let down to be honest.

"We know the way to Earth.... Ok... Jump!.... Here is Earth... Last stop! Everyone out!"

The 4 didn't even know the way to Earth is was the bloody viper! They were just like "This viper knows something *shifty eyes*..."

It would have been a bit more weird if the 4 were the ones who actually KNEW the way to earth... considering they don't know anything at all.

I think the quick jump to earth was just an implied series of jumps removed for time restrictions.

If you got a direction for some legandary place you have been trying to get to for years, wouldn't you try and check it out asap? Especially with a fragile alliance hanging round your neck.

:tup: Tigh's confession scene.

:tup: Apollo & Starbuck in Adama's quarters, talking about the young replacing the old and shit

:tup: Landing on Earth

:tmeh::tdown: Everything else

I'm not a fan of how this season went. I'm not necesserily disappointed with what happened, but more with how. It's like before the season started the writers just filled up a giant plot bucket to the brim and just kind of brashly poured it out over all the episodes. A lot of things kept happening but they were often poorly explained or motivated, or even just reversed in the next episode(s). I dunno. Not a big fan of this season.

But I still watched all of it, and was reasonably entertained.

One thing I loved about the religious/mystical aspects of the story was how it may be real or it may not, in this series too much strange stuff and direct fulfillment of prophecies has occurred for them not to be following some greater path, i wish they could have kept it a bit more ambiguous, also the politics has been quite dull in this series, no real dilemmas just people making obviously bad choices and then switching them at the last minute, add to that a very large lack of space battles and I'm starting to wonder why I enjoyed this season so much. I guess some of the character development has been awesome and I like to find out how stories end.

I've enjoyed this, and actually liked how they've gone into the mid season break.

I did think they could have created a lot more tension in the revealing of the four with some racist anti-toaster faction influencing all their decisions. As it was, it seemed a bit "Ah well, Tigh's in the airlock so 'spose it's time for us to fess up" and then all was well. I think it's pretty weak that the hostage executions were the only thing that put them in danger.

This season feels very rushed. I'm assuming the next half will be more measured for that. I'm also assuming Adama is the final cylon, Dan said earlier; "mysterious thing about the 5th though eh? Not in the fleet apparently." but if memory serves; Adama leaves Galactica towards the end of the first of those two time linked episodes... am I right? :erm: and of course his relationship with Tigh is suspect whilst it'd be an interesting revelation for Cylon lover Roseyln.

I don't agree. I'm very happy with the faster pacing. Seasons 2 and 3 had too many episodes, and with no end in sight there was a lot of filler.

UPDATE: I'm still not reading this thread, because I haven't caught up with you guys just yet. I have already seen all of season 3, so it won't be long now. Season 3 was excellent by the way. Apart from a few fluff episodes, I love almost everything they're doing. S3 was full of momentous events and I can't wait to see what happens next.

The other reason I'm posting this is that I've made a BSG digital painting. It isn't especially good, but I wanted to share it nonetheless ;)

battlestargalactica_small.jpg

What'd you think of the boxing episode?

That definitely one of my 5 favorites of the show.

The painting is very good. I've recently been experimenting with Gimp, but I can't do much with it. I don't have a tablet and I'm used to pencils and pens. What'd you use?

I used Painter, with mostly the digital watercolour brush. It was the first thing I did with it, hence the roughness.

Favourite episode, ooh... that's tricky. Definitely something with space battles, because they're just so awesomely visualised. Never seen them as epic as here, with thousands of explosions and barrages of sweeping fighters. None of that Starwarsian 'one hit blows up the big Star destroyer'. No sir, Basestars endure massive beatings before finally kicking it.

I will say this though, on favourites. The final episode of Exodus, where Galactica crashes down the atmosphere in a crazy stunt to free everyone, was terrific, and so far the episode that made me tear up when Tigh told Adama that he couldn't save everyone, meaning Ellen. Oh wow.

Also, every episode that has to do with politics. The presidential elections? Loved it. The courtroom acquittal of Baltar? Complete adoration. But I'd have to think some more about my favourite episode (or rather, favourite moment). It's funny, because when I watched Babylon 5 I knew exactly which moments were my favourites.

Don't forget Razor. It foreshadows a few things in Season 4.

Coincidentally I'm having another shot at learning Painter as well, although I'm focussing on the oils.

(If you've got any tips for me, feel free to PM them or something; I'm looking to learn this stuff)

I thought Razor was the nickname for the pilot? So it's something completely different?

Yeah, Razor is a two-part feature length episode that aired between seasons 3 and 4. Continuity wise it actually takes place towards the end of season 2, and contains flashbacks telling how the Pegasus escaped the initial attack and found it's way to Galactica.

It also contains the phrase "by your command"...

Alright, so it's not strictly necessary to watch before going into S4? Because I have S4 here right now, but not Razor, and I wanna watch me some Battlestar! =)

No it's not strictly necessary. Watch it when you can though.

I've recently been experimenting with Gimp

hahahahaha, I love my immature sense of humour.

I actually wasn't crazy about Razor, just because:

at the end, when he orders Starbuck to stay behind and die, it seemed too easy and contrived to be real. Dunno, minor complaint.

hahahahaha, I love my immature sense of humour.

Yeah, as of now, I can't stand more than a few minutes in the suit. The leather gets really chafes.

ohemgee I finally caught up with everyone! I saw the mid-season finale! It'll continue in January, right?

As regards the fifth Cylon, I suspect Boomer's a Cylon. She just always seemed suspicious to me. Amirite?

AFTER FOUR SEASONS THREE AND A HALF SEASONS (SORTA) THE EPIC JOURNEY COCKING AROUND COMES TO AN END

Horribly unsophisticated cinema-style trailer IMO. :tmeh: