Sign in to follow this  
Marek

What's your favorite kind of soup?

At the moment, Thai Tom Kha soup. In general, though, I really like corn chowder.

I don't know the name, but it is this Chinese sour soup with tofu, mushrooms and vegetables. Great cup-o-soup that.

kingz: "hot and sour soup" perhaps? at least in american chinese restaurants....

as for me... new england clam chowder (thats the white i hope, as the white is what im talking about), or tomato and/or tomato with rice

chicken noodle soup, but after reading Food Revolution I've bowed never to touch chicken again

"hot and sour soup" perhaps? at least in american chinese restaurants....
Yeah, if you wanna take the easy way out... ¬ ¬

Great cup-o-soup that.
Thanks to your post I googled to check if they have Cup-A-Soup in America too. They do. Then I saw the godawful American Cup-a-Soup ads. Jees. What have they done with it?!? They totally screwed it up!! They should hire the guys who did our versions and re-shoot the American ones.

They have the same concept as the Dutch ones (success stories of people who drink Cup-a-Soup... and in later campaigns succes stories of people who surprise their boss/spouse/teacher with a Cup-a-Soup and thereby win their favor).

Compare:

http://www.cupasoup.com/tvspots.asp

With:

http://www.cupasoup.nl/commercials/leraar.mpg

(The guy says "for you..." and "niiice")

Clearly that's not penis-to-the-wall material, but at least the second ad doesn't make me feel like I'm a retard just for watching it.

There was an earlier campaign a few years ago with a David Brent-like office guru (before The Office existed) who relied on Cup-A-Soup for being able to be such a succesful inspirator, but he completely snaps when someone denies him his peaceful cup-a-soup break at 4 'o clock and he basically goes from a enthusiastic people motivator to a raging maniac. That was the best ad ever created ever of all times ever ever ever and I laughed my nuts off every time I saw it.

Erm okay whatever, you're not interested, cause you never saw it, nor will you ever see it. Sorry! I need a LiveJournal or something.

Though maybe let's turn this thread into a thread about TV ads. Wazzzzaaaaap! Aflack, aflack!

Or maybe not.

Clearly that's not penis-to-the-wall material, but at least the second ad doesn't make me feel like I'm a retard just for watching it.

Nail-your-penis-to-the-wall. I mean, come on, Marek. Get it together, would you please?

Isn't it obvious that I used a shorthand because we're all so familiar with the expression? :fart: *)

*) He's back! And this time he's... really gassy, I suppose.

Hi fellow Idle Thumbs staffers*! Does anyone else read the forums? :gaming:

*and possibly young hooligans.

Tom Kha Guy soup (pokes tabsie in the ribs) with chicken

Chinese Hot & Sour soup

Homemade chicken soup

Hot & sour cabbage soup

French onion soup

...actually, most any kind of soup. I love soup.

Hi fellow Idle Thumbs staffers*! Does anyone else read the forums? :gaming:

*and possibly young hooligans.

Yeah... You might as well hire Yufster to keep with the trend.

[edit]Or is she a young hooligan?

I wonder where Yufster is BTW. Probably in the lavatory, vomiting up snakes.

If I were to guess, she's probably busy with her new job, and learning Macs. Maybe...

Cauliflower soup, fish soup, tomato soup with eggs and macaroni and beta soup are my favorites. That last one is hard to translate, but it works just as well in English.