QueZTone

TV Gaming

Yes... I don't own a console.. well I own a sega genesis 3 which is a lotta fun but forget about that for a second or two...

I got my LCD tv set up to receive the PC videofeed and bought a wireless rumbepad logitech fancy thing for the PC, so I'm all ready to play some games from the couch now.

So I'm looking for great console games that are also released for the PC, which work with a controller for the PC. :D

FPS games kinda FAIL cause of the horrible aiming system ;0 RTS is probably also a problem. Anything else is welcome though, I guess!

(p.s. already did Psychonauts of course!) :P

Flying and driving games are probably a good match. Bob recently talked me into trying out Freespace 2 - it sems to be abandonware so you can get it at Underdogs, albeit without all the movie reels.

Also, 1st person shooters not working on a console was disproved since the last generation ;) Keep up with the program!

Yes but he's not playing on console, he's playing on a PC using a joypad.

hehe yeah, its a pc im using... controlling a PC version of an FPS with a controller doesn't really work :P

going to try test drive unlimited!

also i played MASHED on the X-Box with friends a while back and that was always huge fun....should find that for the pc too :P

The GTA collection has been released on Steam and I use my PS2 controller with that (albeit mainly for when I'm driving a motorbike as the mouse/keyboard combo is superior for everything else), so this is probably a good bet for your setup as it is designed to be played this way.

Pro Evolution Soccer obviously is another console game on the PC which would be perfect - I prefer Pro Evolution Soccer 6 to the next gen (2008) version. I think something like Kane and Lynch, Hitman, Freedom Fighters, Gears of War (et al) will be nicely controllable with a joypad as well.

If you have a wheel, get GTR2 and Richard Burns Rally, both are fantastic driving simulations and with a force feedback wheel like the MOMO or the G25 they really come to life.

Some people like(ed) playing Freespace 2 with a joystick, I personally don't - I prefer(ed) the mouse/keyboard combination. I find the controller thing limiting unless it's a dedicated game like a flight sim (Falcon 4) or driving sim (GTR/RBR). It might not look cool or be ultra-immersive but it's the best interface for general gaming as far as I'm concerned (but I guess in your case a moot point :fart::getmecoat)... anyway it might be doable on a joypad and it's a great game so definitely worth a shot.

Test Drive Unlimited works best with a steering wheel btw, it has quite advanced controls and driving system in comparison to similar games like Need for speed (which I've tried with both a joypad and steering wheel and found more fun and easier to play with the keyboard would you believe :erm:) but obviously this and other games like it are still playable with a joypad.

Maybe download the new NFS pro-street demo and see what that is like (anyone?)

....but what I use my joypad for the most is emulation, playing games like Mario 64 (etc), except I do it in front of a PC - it'd be nice to take a trip down memory lane with a couch scenario :yep:

Geometry Wars is fairly cheap on Steam and should be playable with a two stick controller. Overlord has support for a 360 controller, although it's not to everyone's taste. You can use a controller with Cave Story, one of the best indie action-adventure games of recent memory, kinda like Metroid but with more focus on action. And whatever games you can't play with the joystick, you should be able to emulate keyboard control with joy2key or similar programs.