Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

Undertow

The system is fairly counter-intuitive at first. The team mate AI is useless on anything other than Casual and story line is laughable.

I've still sunk about 2-3 hours on the game and once I got past the stupidly confusing game quirks, there is a game that I could see myself aiming for the 10000 kills (got 4000 now) and Ultra playthrough (need to finish 3 more levels) achievements.

I recommend playing through it on Casual and figuring out how it works and becoming familiar with the maps, better yet get a second player because you need them for some of the later levels on Normal.

I probably wouldn't have bought it but as a free download I was pleasantly entertained once I stopped getting angry at my retard teammates.

I downloaded it and played for an hour or so. Wasn't really impressed. Seemed like a 2D version of Unreal Tournament's Onslaught mode with scuba gear. Didn't think to highly of it, but at least it was free.

I played it for about the same amount of time.

I got to the level where you have to work your way down under the sea bed, through an automatic door, and somehow survive the swarm of enemies on your own. All my AI team mates just stayed back at the very start of the level -- absolutely atrocious.

Not really that incentivized to take it online, but I'd be interested in setting up a Thumbs match to see if it's any good. Any takers?

I think it's a fun little game -- but your team AI sucks, as mentioned. I beat the game on normal in a few hours, with not much help from my team. In some games they couldn't hang on to ONE damn control point!

I wish it were possible to play split screen co-op, and I'm sure multiplayer is really where the game is at, but I'm not interested in that.

Oh, and the one character (down on the d-pad, shoots missiles) is the best one. Pretty much the only one I used through the whole game. Long range, decent firing rate, powerful.

I think it's a fun little game -- but your team AI sucks, as mentioned. I beat the game on normal in a few hours, with not much help from my team. In some games they couldn't hang on to ONE damn control point!

I wish it were possible to play split screen co-op, and I'm sure multiplayer is really where the game is at, but I'm not interested in that.

Oh, and the one character (down on the d-pad, shoots missiles) is the best one. Pretty much the only one I used through the whole game. Long range, decent firing rate, powerful.

You can play split screen Co-op, go into the Multiplayer option and Host a match then select local multiplayer.

I actually found myself using the marine for most of the game to capture points then switched to the corsair (the one you are talking about) to defend them.

You can play split screen Co-op, go into the Multiplayer option and Host a match then select local multiplayer.

Oh shit! I saw "host a match" and just assumed it was talking about online, so I didn't bother clicking. :frusty: Thanks!

Yeah it isn't very well thought out. If I hadn't been so desperate to find something to play thaqt was Co-Op, i probably wouldn't have found the option either.