Sign in to follow this  
Wrestlevania

I'm putting my ethics on you, ruthlessly!

As an ex-cult kid, I have a special fondness for Scientologists and the like. It involves them rimming me while piss on a pile of their books.

I only realised that video was made by Scientologists at the end. Until then I thought someone else had edited it unfairly then put the mission impossible theme in for maximum laughs :D

It's especially creepy when Tom starts laughing hysterically at his own jokes that nobody understands what with all the unlikely abbreviations thrown in :tup:

I only realised that video was made by Scientologists at the end.

I believe it was the puff piece used to justify his impending decoration at a Scientology award ceremony. Which is perhaps what that footage of him walking on-stage is right at the end, apparently suffering from a migraine. :shifty:

I'm pretty certain he didn't complete more than one coherent sentence in that entire seven-minute video.

Not. A. Fucking. Clue.

Stop being such an SP! Obviously, you haven't discovered the secret to creating new realities yet, then you could understand. It'll only cost you half of your life savings.:buyme:

When you drive past an accident, you know as a scientologist that only YOU can help.

It's my responsibility to say, you know, this is the way everyone should do things. Because that's how we do it.

I hate Spectators too. It's either Terrorist or Counter-Terrorist, pick a side.

Yeah scientology is in the UK. There's a church of scientology near where I used to work, right near where all the teenagers and schoolkids hang out (outside a big shopping centre).

They sit outside on sunny days, trying to recruit people through free personality tests...

It's weird, most churchs are open places that you can go inside and wander around. The Church of Scientology is always locked. You have to buzz to get inside at all. That feels kind of wrong somehow.

The Church of Scientology is always locked. You have to buzz to get inside at all. That feels kind of wrong somehow.

Religion usually feels like this... to me, this only looks like another weird rule in the wall of dogmas. I've seen weirder.

Yeah scientology is in the UK. There's a church of scientology near where I used to work, right near where all the teenagers and schoolkids hang out (outside a big shopping centre).

Wow, I just thought it was for U.S. citizens with too much money and people who enjoy the linguistic stylings of L. Ron Hubbard.

It's especially creepy when Tom starts laughing hysterically at his own jokes that nobody understands what with all the unlikely abbreviations thrown in

"So... have you... met an SP?"

tomlaughingqh9.png

Garry Scarff has said that he used to be an OSA operative. He has made a number of statements about the inner workings of OSA, many of which are disputed by the Church. In a sworn deposition taken between July and August of 1993 and submitted in Church of Scientology International vs. Steven Fishman and Uwe Geertz, Scarff testified, "...I was directed, one, to go to Chicago, Illinois and to murder Cynthia Kisser, Cynthia Kisser being the Executive Director of the Cult Awareness Network, by a staged car accident." The murder of Kisser did not take place and Scarff said, "I could not bring myself to harm or kill anybody."[16] Scientology attorney Kendrick Moxon has called Scarff "a liar" and Moxon also stated that "Scarff's own father says he's a scumbag." Scarff has also been accused of "flip-flopping" between the former Cult Awareness Network and Scientology, by representatives of both organizations.

I love when he starts talking about how much he wants to go on holiday to romp and play, but "I can't because. I know......... I know.......... so.... you know what you know......"

Interesting (if a little 'lite') video analysis from the Chicago Tribune:

KSW stands for Keeping Scientology Working, a policy letter written in 1965 by L. Ron Hubbard, Scientology’s founder. In the letter, Hubbard, a science fiction writer, outlined 10 steps to ensure survival of the movement. He commends members for carrying out the first part of the mission, but urges them to take it further and eradicate what he called "incorrect technology."

This might help explain why Cruise in 2005 publicly criticized fellow actress Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants for post-partum depression. It also might help explain why the church has earned a reputation for being so litigious when it encounters what it calls a PTS, a "potential trouble source," or SP, "suppressive person."

"[Scientology] accepts traditional American ideas of success, which is one reason why it recruits celebrities so assiduously," [Mathew Schmalz, an associate professor of religious studies at the College of the Holy Cross,] said. "You could look at Scientology as a parody of American values and success. Reflected back on American society there are certain things we might be uncomfortable with."