Wrestlevania

Soul Calibur officially jumps the shark

Hehe I love that sketch. Lucas' trashing of his own mythology is a slightly different phenomenon though.

Yeah, you're right. I find it a little like ignoring the hype around games: By completely divorcing the first three star wars films from the latest offerings, the books, mechandise, etc., I still like them a fair bit but automatically have low expectations for anything connected.

Even that is still something I find funny though. Alice Taylor regularly posts especially tacky bits of Star Wars merch at Wonderland. It gives me exactly the same reaction as Vader and Yoda in Soul Calibur: WTF!? quickly turning to hysterical laughter :)

Didn't Soul Calibur II on the Xbox have Spawn?

I don't really see the problem, Namco is always adding weird characters in their fighting games, like Gon in Tekken 2...

They don't make sense, they really shouldn't be there, but it's fun to play with them, which is the important part to me! :yep:

I don't really see the problem, Namco is always adding weird characters in their fighting games, like Gon in Tekken 2...

That was Tekken 3. Sorry for even bothering to write that, but it does bring me to a very important point: there needs be a volleyball mini-game in Soul Calibur IV!

That was Tekken 3. Sorry for even bothering to write that, but it does bring me to a very important point: there needs be a volleyball mini-game in Soul Calibur IV!

So... You want Soul Calibur to become a "tit fighter" game? :erm:

it almost is. This new game has been in the game press mostly for it's incredible* pneumatics.

* lit; "not credible"

So... You want Soul Calibur to become a "tit fighter" game? :erm:

I didn't mean volleyball in the Dead or Alive sense, though now that I think about it the screenshots from Soul Calibur indicates that it would probably turn out that way. I was thinking more along the lines of the innocent and fun volleyball from Tekken 3, which is why I brought that game up.

Really, I just thought it would be kind of fun to play volleyball with Voldo and Vader...

I didn't mean volleyball in the Dead or Alive sense, though now that I think about it the screenshots from Soul Calibur indicates that it would probably turn out that way. I was thinking more along the lines of the innocent and fun volleyball from Tekken 3, which is why I brought that game up.

Really, I just thought it would be kind of fun to play volleyball with Voldo and Vader...

I don't think we should worry that much, unless we see footage Ivy pole dancing or mud wrestling, a little jiggling never hurt a game... much?

The new look Ivy is incapable of "a litle jiggling"... only seismic shifts.

Yeah, the whole boobies thing is no less stupid:

faye-valentine-soul-calibur.jpg

Purile shit. :finger:

The reason I was upset about Star Wars being dragged into the proceedings was because, up until more recently, the Soul Blade series has been quite romantic in its premise in a way; focussing on pitching traditional and highly respected sword fighting disciplines against each other is a quite spectacular idea if you ask me. I'm saddened to see it ever more diluted.

focussing on pitching traditional and highly respected sword fighting disciplines against each other is a quite spectacular idea if you ask me. I'm saddened to see it ever more diluted.

Yes, and pureile boobs aside, a few of the costumes and characters were spectacularly designed.

So there we have it.

Here we are arguing about how they are going to be able to write Vader and Yoda into the series mythology when what we should be wondering is where in the time line all the female characters went and got their breasts enlarged. :mock:

soulcaliburboobjob01.jpg

On another note, I just saw an interview where the game's creator said something about how they chose Yoda and Vader. Basically, they said guest characters get fans excited, so they tried to think of what guests would fit in the Soul Calibur universe, and "naturally" they thought of Vader and Yoda...

:eek:

...Am I missing something?

About the Ivy thing... Isn't she kinda evil? I'm pretty sure evil ladies in Japanese anime have huge breasts... BY LAW! :mock:

Are they giving ALL the girls boob jobs or just Ivy?

...Am I missing something?

Probably the part in which suits from Lucas Licensing had lunch with suits from Namco and shook hands. Also the part where Namco executives sent a memo to the development team telling them to put Vader and Yoda in the fucking game.

Just a hunch...

Yes, I frown/laughed at that bit as well; him saying they 'naturally' thought of Star Wars.

Those breasts are just implausible, by the way, and have become unsexy some cups ago.

They all are, as far as I can tell. For consistency and integrity... :hah:

Aw, dammit! Soon the game will have a option to choose breast size and a pole dancing mini game....

:frusty:

Please tell me Tekken is not doing the same...;(

Aw, dammit! Soon the game will have a option to choose breast size and a pole dancing mini game....

:frusty:

Please tell me Tekken is not doing the same...;(

Tekken is taking the high road and introducing androgynous teens and obese men.

11588114do1.jpgnam10uf2.jpg

11588114do1.jpgnam10uf2.jpg

Pfft, that's nothing compared to... to... Bridget from Guilty Gear! *shivers*;(

And Miguel Caballero Rojo

14375549.jpg

A Spaniard with a passion for fighting,

yet capable of love.

Anyway I have only played Soul Blade on Playstation. I didn't give a crap about the story (if there was one) or think the universe was somehow special, but it felt consistent in that all of the characters were from the good old times and you didn't have to fight with some jerks from the future (yea yea.. long time ago..).

The addition of Vader and Yoda doesn't bother me much (in fact, I find it quite hilarious) as I wasn't planning on buying the game in the first place, and as they are probably just unlockable characters not tied to the story, like already mentioned. But it does feel strange and a bit sad..

And Miguel Caballero Rojo

14375549.jpg

A Spaniard with a passion for fighting,

yet capable of love.

He's dressed like a bull fighter... At least he's not wearing a sombrero.... But still.. :fart:

nam10uf2.jpg

Well, at least it shows they know their demographic. :shifty: