Sign in to follow this  
miffy495

Post Your DS Questions Here!

some clusterfuck Megathread that's so popular on every other forum.

Please don't. I just wanted to mess with Oath a bit... :getmecoat

(miffy, you made me laugh in reality-world, thanks)

I think we should focus on toblix's thread. It is already the 7th result in google search for "ds questions".

How many DSs would it take to create a staircase to the moon?

Regular, not lite.

How many DSs would it take to create a staircase to the moon?

Regular, not lite.

One, because the DS is already heavenly and born from the infinite space and wisdom of the galaxy. Even the fat one.

Real answer: 13,181,379,310 on average.

You didn't show your working. I think you may be tellings fibs sir! :deranged:

Average distance is about 30 times Earth's diameter, which is 12,742 km (again, on average). 30 times 12,742 equals 382,260 km. An old DS measures 149 mm by 85 mm by 29 mm. 29 mm is 0.029 m and 382,260 km is 382,260,000 m. Divide the distance by the size of the DS and get 13,181,379,310.

Actually, I may be off by a fair bit, since I think the distance between the two is actually core to core. :getmecoat Also, you could stack the machines in other ways, which I don't account for either. This doesn't even begin to account for the structural integrity of the staircase. In other words, it's total failure!

If it's a proper staircase that you can walk on, then it would have to spiral in order to get to the moon.

If a DS Phat and an original iPod had sex, would Steve Jobs and Satoru Iwata automatically have joint custody of the offspring? Or would they be banished, sent to live in a basement somewhere until we'd forgotten either parent ever existed. Only for them to emerge decades later, having built a massive underground complex and spawned many mutant siblings, hell-bent on reclaiming the Earth... or at least the portable consumer electronics section of your local Dixons.