toblix

$t34md!

So, I just noticed the other day that I couldn't access Steam, and after getting my password reset I see this:

I'm banned for cheating:

steamed1.png

Someone realised how lame a nick "toblix" is:

steamed2.png

I got a bunch of new friends:

steamed3.png

Here's a picture of Dillon, showing how much dollarz he saved by stealing my account:

steamed4.png

Of course, he spent the time well:

steamed5.png

So, if I've been a total dick the last couple of weeks, that could be Dillon.

So anyway, that was awesome. I was going to go to bed, but I just noticed that 4Frags.xF | Log!c is S[ic]K is playing Counter-Strike. SO LONG SUCKORS!

That sucks. I wondered why you changed your name to "c4$h".

Any idea how your account got hijacked?

The other week someone tried to get my username and password by posing as an automated steam message (here's a hit for that dumbass: automated steam messages asking for your password don't appear in chat windows with the automated text at the top that says "never give out your password").

So anyway I reported him and hopefully he now has one fewer steam accounts rather than one more.

I really don't know how he got it. If he's got a keylogger running, I'm sure I'll know soon enough. I figure it's either that or guessing. My password wasn't what you'd call... a good password.

Wow, that's crazy. Is it relatively easy to undo this damage (excluding having to rebuild your profile of course)?

Oh, man. I was wondering who that guy was; I didn't remember adding him as a friend, so I deleted him. Sorry to hear about that. :(

So we now have a 'scumbag' emoticon! The collection is becoming complete. :tup:

Is it relatively easy to undo this damage (excluding having to rebuild your profile of course)?

I guess it's easy, although I don't know about the banning. I'll send a request for an unban, but I dunno.

I kept the awesome avatar though.

yeah! i was wondering who Ca$h was.

my reaction upon seeing "his" profile was utter hatred. fortunately i couldn't figure out how to delete him from my friends list :getmecoat

glad all that got sorted out!

Damn, condolences man. Good luck with whatever process Steam uses for making your account yours again.

Agreed, that avatar is awesome.

But how do we know it wasn't actually you after all?

steamed.gif

Hahaha :tup:

Good luck to you, by the way, Toblix. Of course, Xilbot wasn't the smartest of passwords ;)

He's like Rayman!

:tup::yep:

I haven't logged onto steam for at least a year---but I bought the orange box recently because the thumb persuaded me to play portal. Hopefully my account has not been hijacked by a sleepy-eyed cash flasher.

Ouch, good luck getting unbanned. I'd love to know how many staff Valve have to employ to deal with this shit.

97.5 hours in two weeks. I know Counter-Strike is addictive, but it's pretty impressive to manage 14 days of 7 hours a day. He could be so much more productive with his life, say, by joining WoW.

97.5 hours in two weeks. I know Counter-Strike is addictive, but it's pretty impressive to manage 14 days of 7 hours a day. He could be so much more productive with his life, say, by joining WoW.

Maybe he is a professional gamer. That would explain all the money. And trying to help toblix.

Maybe he is a professional gamer. That would explain all the money. And trying to help toblix.

that explain why he has been caught cheating

It appears Valve's policy on hijackers getting your account banned is "tough shit". It's not a problem for me now (I think), as I never play online anyway, but in principle it's fucking annoying. I'll always be marked as a cheater, thanks to this fucking piece of shit

steamed.gif

So now what? You've got your original account back and reactivated? Or did you get a new account with all your games back?

I think it would be better if VALVe would mark hijacked accounts as hijacked rather than keeping it just as a caught cheater.