Sign in to follow this  
Salka

Is "Happy Feet" good?

Yeah, that clip about sums it up. We had it at my theater for matinees for a while back in the spring to try and get some extra cash and I had to watch it a few times back then. Imagine that clip, plus you have to deal with Nicole Kidman's singing voice channeled through an animated penguin. Stay far away from this movie.

It's absolutely fucking terrible, one of the most painful experiences I've had in a cinema.

EDIT: All my female friends liked it, though.

I think the best way I can sum it up is this: Having to watch Happy Feet was my worst day as a projectionist. This is including the day I was required (!!!) to see Saw 3 three consecutive times and nearly gouged out my brain to end the stupid. I also like stupid kid's movies when they're done well, so I could have liked Happy Feet. If it wasn't made of pure concentrated suck and channeled all that is wrong with children's media into one sickening package, that is.

I HAVE A HEART SONG IT GOES LIKE THIS:

Pfft faff faff pffft faff faff dooof titty titty faff boom chikkachikka boom boom chikka boom faff faff ahhhh shit

Ooo heart song. I bet that got all the little girls going did it, a baby penguin with a heart song.

I kind of got the impression that it was made to cash in on March of the Penguins. You, know, for people that can't handle non-CGI animals, like retarded children maybe.

Actually thats not true. Actual children with "learning difficulties" tend to love real animals. But you know what I mean.

I only got 1:30 into that clip and oh jesus fuck no.

You are much stronger than me. I couldn't even get close to that.

I had to turn it off as soon as I recognized they were raping grand master flash & the furious five. :frusty::(:fart::tdown::cens0red::sad::wtz:

Haha, I actually enjoyed it (wait! don't throw anything at me yet). Right off the bat I thought it was going to be just a cheap cash-in on the popularity of March of the Penguins (though someone told me later that this was actually in production before the documentary?). I thought it was an interesting take on the traditional kiddie musical, what with the entire soundtrack being mash-ups (nothing wrong with that). If you get over the campy-kiddie element, there were some pretty incredible visuals (in particular, I thought the idea of combining animated penguins with live-action human actors was brilliant). And of course, there was the not-so-subtle metaphor of the conflict between originality and the suppressive, radical regime... A regime of penguins... Old Scottish penguins... :getmecoat

Well I didn't go into the theater expecting to like it, but I did.

Actually , having watched the clip all the way through, it looks like a cheesy but harmless kid's animation. We've probably been spoiled by Pixar over the years, where we now expect all animated kids movies to have plenty for the adults too. That doesn't have to be the case. Happy Feet does look like it is aimed at very young children, after all.

My 4- and 2-yr old daughters don't rate it, so how could anyone else? :hah:

It's a hatefully cynical production, with the voice acting obviously done in just a few days. There's no flow to the thing, no emotion and just lots and lots of marketing. I also question why so much of the music used is basically inappropriate for what I'd assume is the target audience.

Hosing very young children with Gangsta Pop? Go fuck yourselves, music and film executives. :(