toblix

Crock Band

Still going to get those Goodwood heads eventually though. Omega pedal + goodwood heads = drumming perfection from what I've heard. These drums definitely give me a better shot at success than anything I've used before though. Got all the way to 65% in Run To The Hills. I'd never even made it to the first chorus before.

It's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

:woohoo::clap::woohoo:

Just played Rock Band and damn, if my new motherboard/PSU isn't a lot quieter than the last one!

Can't believe how quick the turnaround was. I have to say: Microsoft did a great job here! :tup:

SINGLE PEDAL MOTHER FUCKERS!

inside-the-fire5star.jpg

indestructible5star.jpg

More specifically, this pedal (click for large):

rock-band-pedal-modded-yahama570.jpg

I modded my Yamaha pedal, and it's fucking perfect now. PERFECT!

(we didn't get our xbox back, a friend brought one over)

Hammerhead is a great song, and really hard -- only 4-starred so far, as you can see from my sig, but I only played it twice. Will definitely 5-star Critical Acclaim next time.

Good job :tup:

I have to say it again: Rock Band is fucking brilliant. It's such a progression from GH2, and not just because of the instruments. The whole game has progressed. It's such a joy to play!

I did some singing in Solo mode last night. I suprised myself by five starring the first ten tracks on Medium... (Is it quite easy? I remember sucking ass badly on Singstar.)

I'm currently in "must complete all songs" mode... but with 80 songs and three different instruments it seems like a mammoth task.

This is crazy. Rock Band isn't even out yet here, and there's talk of a Rock Band 2, no doubt with slight changes to the instruments. What's taking them so long? Is it common businessman knowledge that Europeans masturbate to pictures of waiting to get stuff everyone else is already getting tired of?

We finally got our new 360! It was supposed to come last Friday, so I waited ALL DAY for it (I didn't have any plans, but still), and basically just played my DS in my room with the door open so I could hear the doorbell. Well, at 9PM I noticed a note on our door saying they came and no one answered. Turns out, you can't hear the doorbell from my room! Arrrggghhhhhh.

But we have it now, and all is well. I 5-starred Critical Acclaim, just like I said I would (first try!), so now I don't have to play it again. Avenged Sevenfold quote:

"That's one thing about this band that I love is that we never really shove any kind of, like, political or religious beliefs on people. We just, the music's there to entertain and maybe thought-provoking on both sides, but we don't try to, like, really shove anything down anyone's throat. There's too many bands that do that nowadays, I think."

Funny how out of the two Rock Band songs, one is political (anti-democrat), and the other is (somewhat) religious. :finger: (hey, he called me a mother fucker first!)

Doh! Glad you finally got it. Is it a new machine (with a new serial on it) or did they just replace the mobo/fans? I still can't get over how my new mobo/fans are so much quieter (you can still hear them, but there's no longer a jet engine in the room). Any difference for you?

I'm kinda worried, since mine was a RROD replacement and has always sounded like a hoover. No probs so far in a few hundred hours of playing...

Are the new ones quieter than your average desktop PC?

Doh! Glad you finally got it. Is it a new machine (with a new serial on it) or did they just replace the mobo/fans? I still can't get over how my new mobo/fans are so much quieter (you can still hear them, but there's no longer a jet engine in the room). Any difference for you?

It's a brand new one. It's pretty quiet, although I don't remember how loud the old one was. Since it's in our living room, we sit pretty far away, and the surround sound is always turned up pretty loud.

I'm kinda worried, since mine was a RROD replacement and has always sounded like a hoover. No probs so far in a few hundred hours of playing...

I wouldn't worry. There's three different type of fans they install, apparently. The only difference is the noise they make. I was just pleasantly surprised that I was lucky enough that they sent me the "quiet" ones (it's still very audible).

What... the... fuck?

So after my drum pedal broke, I went to EA's tech support site for hardware and after registering my problem was informed that my kit was no longer under warranty. Apparently this doesn't mean much though, as today I received not one but two replacement drum pedals. So I'll ship my broken one back, as well do an exchange for a friend who wasn't quite so fortunate with his expired warranty. So woo! But all the same, what the hell just happened here? And if I didn't have that friend with a busted pedal, would EA be charging $125 to my credit card because I couldn't send back two broken pedals for the two they sent me? :erm:...

YES!

blackened-5star.jpg

I also started adding some scores to ScoreHero -- see sig for link. I'll add a lot more later, those were just some I had screenshots of.

Random anecdote for the day: I've been re-playing through guitar career, since all those scores were with the broken Strat (and I just finished). Well I was playing through "Welcome Home," and my roommate walked in and jokingly said, "I don't see no gold stars!" I was at the very end of the song, and the Big Rock Ending came up. I had made some dumb mistakes, so I didn't think I'd get it, but right at the end of the BRE the "ding" sound came on, and I got gold. "Ohhhhh!!" I yelled back at him, laughing.

Then the same thing happened on the next song, Highway Star, but he wasn't watching.

Seriously, some other people need to post in this thread more, or I'll just be talking to myself the whole time. :nuts:

It has to be on Expert, and you need good overdrive usage. It's something like 1.6 x [base score] = gold stars. So you can miss some notes and still get gold if you had good OD, or 100% and not get gold (and in some very annoying songs, gold is impossible to get -- which, incidentally, I just referenced yesterday).

http://kotaku.com/397427/rock-band-2-announced

Seems to me they should just drop releasing RB altogether in the EU, and just release RB2 with the original RB tracks included on the disc or as free DLC. I'm certainly not going to buy RB1 now. Unless they wait just as long before releasing RB2 in Europe, too, in which case they can fuck off.

IGN: Here are ten bands I want to see in RB2:

Agent Orange

The Beatles

Built to Spill

The Buzzcocks

Journey

Led Zeppelin

Modest Mouse

Pavement

The Replacements

Tool

Based on this list. How do you think I would rate RB2 on a scale of 0-10 (ten making me a happy reviewer and zero making suicidal).

Teasdale: Not only have you named some of my favorite bands, but you've also named some of the bands that are on the Rock Band 2 disc.

IGN sucks (aside from the sentence fragment and missing question mark). A much better question would have been:

IGN: Here is a list of bands I want to see in RB2:

The Beatles

Based on this list, how do you think I would rate RB2 on a scale of 0-10?

Toblix: I would imagine it'll be a while before you see RB2, wouldn't you? If I were you, I'd probably wait anyway for better instruments (and I mean different instruments, not the so-called improved second-gen ones with RB1). As far as everything else goes, there's no other reason not to get RB1 -- your instruments and DLC will work in RB2, so it's not like you'd be "losing" money.

And speaking of instruments, MY FUCKING DRUMS SUCK! I just can't get the blue pad to work correctly now. Somehow I was able to gold star "Move Along," but everything else was terrible and I couldn't keep any streak going (I was 4-starring songs I should 100%). Now I'm really trying to get some "Stealth Heads" because I'm just so sick of dealing with these things.

YES! After all the cash I've sunk into RB's DLC, I'm flat-out overjoyed that I'll be able to use it in RB2. And if they do have Modest Mouse and the Buzzcocks, I'll be a very happy little gamer...

If they have Pavement, Modest Mouse, Buzzcocks and Built to Spill... I'll be VERY happy!!!

the RB2 bundle will feature "quieter, more realistic, and more reliable instruments" says Lead Designer Dan Teasdale.

YEEEAAAARRRRRGHHHHHHH :( :( :(

It it worth just buying the Goodwood Drumset, I wonder.

It it worth just buying the Goodwood Drumset, I wonder.

I think we can be pretty sure it is. I don't trust Harmonix to make hardware (even though we only have RB1 to go on). I can't imagine theirs would be even close to the Stealth Heads (haven't used them, though).

Yeah, that's a good point. Harmonix are not great with hardware - at least, so far. Can we take it as read that the new GH:WT stuff isn't going to be compatible, do you think?

Absolutely, it won't be compatible. The drum setup wouldn't exactly work anyway, since sometimes you have to roll across all four pads. On the GH drums that would mean rolling up onto the cymbal (acting as a floor tom) which would be awkward. And Activision are dicks.

I'm hoping some amazing company makes some universal drums, though I still wouldn't expect them to be as good as the Stealth Heads. Or maybe someone will make a MIDI adapter that lets you (easily) use an electric set in both games. That might actually make me leave my Yamaha set downstairs since I play RB so damn much.