Spaff

Crayon Physics

This is pretty cool. I played the earlier prototype, and the biggest thing I immediately missed was drawing any shape but looks like the final game will allow you to do that.

I dreamed of one day making this game, glad to see someone got there before me :frusty:

It's actually quite good but the concept should be extended beyond simple move the ball mechanics to be truly enjoyable. I'd never played 'line rider' before either but that's a genuinely fun freebie.

That is one of the most brilliant things I have seen in a while. And I have no idea why exactly.

If you like that, you may also like indie title Chalk for the PC (which, interestingly, was released just before Crayon Physics earlier this year).

I admit, I'm shamelessly leeching off this thread because I don't think my question merits a thread of it's own, but I'm driving myself mad trying to remember the name of a game I saw announced a while back. I think it was from a non-English game company, perhaps French, and, as far as I could tell from the trailer, it was this artsy game that took place inside this sort of clockwork musical world. Your character wore a gramophone on his back I believe and you used sound to manipulate the world around you. It looked great and it sounded like an interesting take on music in games in general. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

There was also an amateur game called Sonate, which was in the same trend. Not as good looking though.

So, the game is out and a new demo too:

http://www.crayonphysics.com/

It's improved a lot. Levels are placed on islands in a World of Goo-esque way, and you progress similarly as well. What's cool is that you can draw on the islands -- no physics there, but I think that's pretty cool.

However, the gameplay is kind of boring to me, I'm not sure if I'll buy the game.

If you like that, you may also like indie title Chalk for the PC (which, interestingly, was released just before Crayon Physics earlier this year).

I played that, it was fun! Chalk :tup:

I bought it, but quickly gave up. Not because it became too hard, but because it was just fucking boring. Of course, I don't regret buying it since it's an awesome indie thing or whatever, but I can wholeheartedly disrecomment it.

I would have bought this, but I grudge spending more than £10 on a physics playset.

Oh wait, already I spent £25 on Crysis.

Is it the concept itself you find boring or is it just the execution?

The concept is interesting... for the first five minutes. I don't know if its the execution or maybe one couldn't make this game great without changing it into something entirely different. As it is, all the solutions are just too similar.

I'd pay 5$ or a bit more though, but not 20$.

Never mind, I found it. :grin:

Metronome

I like how the people in the comment section are like already judging it based on some 30 second teaser. "its not a must buy but its ok". Seriously though that game looks to have a lot potential. I had never even heard of it before, does anyone have anything more recent about it. Do we even know if it's even coming out anymore?

On a less off-topic note Crayon Physics is cool. I bought it and played through most of it already. I don't really think it was worth the whole 20$ I paid for it, more like around 5-10$ would have been better, but I guess that's subjective. I would have probably gotten a lot more out of it if I was really into the creating my own levels thing, but I'm not so, yea.

The concept is interesting... for the first five minutes. I don't know if its the execution or maybe one couldn't make this game great without changing it into something entirely different. As it is, all the solutions are just too similar.

Yeah. I was hoping for something more like World of Goo, where the concept is simple, but they mix it up in awesome ways. Crayon Physics is just bland looking and similar all the way through (for as far as I've played it).

I would have bought this, but I grudge spending more than £10 on a physics playset.

Oh wait, already I spent £25 on Crysis.

enemykd-tomato.gif

I'm so tired of Crysis being called a physics sandbox.

Have you seen the graphics? They're awesome!

I'm so tired of Crysis being called a physics sandbox.

Have you seen the graphics? They're awesome!

enemykd-tomato.gif