Marek

Bomberman

The whole "beaten by a girl" thing isn't the blow it once was - if I got all depressed each time I got my ass kicked by a chick I would be on Prozac by now.. I have been royally schooled by girls at Tekken, Smash Bros. Melee, Counterstrike and (to my extreme disbelief because I reckoned I'd be well good at it) Rogue Leader versus..

You should be grateful there are girls getting into the games with sufficient fervour to kick your ass in the first place :)

I know, I know ... it's actually very cool, in fact in this particular case it turned me on, but I don't want to admit it.

The "getting beaten by a girl at video games" has in fact been so ludicrously overplayed by Hollywood and web comics and the like that to me it has completely lost any semblance of interest or surprise for me.

I was beaten by someone who has only ever played Pacman and Prince of Persia 1. That's what I really meant to say. I took the shortcut by saying "girl", in a 1989 kind of way. I blame pop culture too!!! :innocent:

Let's talk about Bomberman. Do you like Bomberman? If so, why? And how much? What's the best part? Which version of Bomberman do you prefer? In what situations have you played Bomberman? In what situations did you wish you were playing Bomberman but weren't?

The "getting beaten by a girl at video games" has in fact been so ludicrously overplayed by Hollywood and web comics and the like that to me it has completely lost any semblance of interest or surprise for me.
Hmm...

Ever since I've been playing games, there have been girls around who were generally as good as I. The Lost Vikings thinktank us kids formed comprised of three girls and two guys.

You wouldn't ever doubt my ability to kick your ass at stuff, would you? It's only my lack of an internet connection (I am pretty sure my dial up does not qualify) that prevents me from doing so, you know.

Quite frankly, until recently (this being about two weeks ago) I would also have been surprised and miffed to be beaten by another girl at a game. Then, I met a girl who nearly made me question my sexuality, she's so damn gamey.

We first met two weeks ago. What fun we had. We installed Farcry on to the PCs at work and took turns trying to unclog the mouse so that we could actually play it. We dug out old classic games from the back of the store and hid them so that they'd still be there in two decades, when we had enough money to buy them. We swore at Rogue Spear for needing three keyboards, five mouses and a joystick to play it. We set up an Xbox on a projection screen and pretended we were showing Halo to the customers. We lamented that David Bowie pulled out of his Oxygen date, and we giggled shrilly about how much Mike looks like Bill Gates which naturally led to the topic of Psychonauts. Then she introduced me to House of the Dead, and then proceeded to take the piss out of that Resident Evil version of Time Crisis, whatever it's called.

So, yeah.

You wouldn't ever doubt my ability to kick your ass at stuff, would you? It's only my lack of an internet connection (I am pretty sure my dial up does not qualify) that prevents me from doing so, you know.

Quite frankly, until recently (this being about two weeks ago) I would also have been surprised and miffed to be beaten by another girl at a game. Then, I met a girl who nearly made me question my sexuality, she's so damn gamey.

We first met two weeks ago. What fun we had. We installed Farcry on to the PCs at work and took turns trying to unclog the mouse so that we could actually play it. We dug out old classic games from the back of the store and hid them so that they'd still be there in two decades, when we had enough money to buy them. We swore at Rogue Spear for needing three keyboards, five mouses and a joystick to play it. We set up an Xbox on a projection screen and pretended we were showing Halo to the customers. We lamented that David Bowie pulled out of his Oxygen date, and we giggled shrilly about how much Mike looks like Bill Gates which naturally led to the topic of Psychonauts. Then she introduced me to House of the Dead, and then proceeded to take the piss out of that Resident Evil version of Time Crisis, whatever it's called.

So, yeah.

What the hell do you think this is, LiveJournal?

I am delighted that you picked up on that, Screwtape.

Yufster treats everything as LiveJournal.

Yufster treats everything as LiveJournal.
...except LiveJournal itself.

atomic bomberman on the pc is the bestestest version ofcourse. Especially in network multiplayer :yep:

atomic bomberman on the pc is the bestestest version ofcourse. Especially in network multiplayer :yep:

Tru dat. I always hated the hockey map and that...one map where the...things came back...you know what I'm talking about.

I was beaten by someone who has only ever played Pacman and Prince of Persia 1. That's what I really meant to say. I took the shortcut by saying "girl", in a 1989 kind of way. I blame pop culture too!!! :innocent:

Let's talk about Bomberman. Do you like Bomberman? If so, why? And how much? What's the best part? Which version of Bomberman do you prefer? In what situations have you played Bomberman? In what situations did you wish you were playing Bomberman but weren't?

I never played Bomberman.

So did you hook up?

Atomic Bomberman kicked ass.

Wonder if it works on XP. It was directX, but needed an IPXSPX? network...

The ultra responsive controls, the multiplayer mayhem, the taunts, the music, all made it a great game.

Anyone know of any similar games today?

gay I fucking hate windows, If it was for the shitness of windows there would be a nice long rant about how disrespectfully the industry treat women both in games and as players of games, but i cant be bothered to rewrite it. Instead I'm going to snuggle up in bed with my mac and apologise to it for cheating on it wit an inferior OS.

i hate bomberman. totally.

when you look at people with their high-tech laptops while they play crappy bomberman (!) instead of worms 3d i can't understand them. brrrrr...like women...

But Worms 3D is awful.

This I agree, Worms should've never been made 3d.

As long as a hot girl doesn't beat you at bomberman, then it'll be ok.

I'd let a hot girl beat me in anything.