Ben

Half-Life 2: Orange Box Giveaway Extravaganza!

Scrubs, now there's a show that's lost it's appeal.

You people have gone mental though. The IT Crowd is awesome. I've watched that shoe episode so many times. The manager is such a hilarious character. I know it's *again* a drunkardish Irish lead after Black Books, but there's so much to love. Moss, for instance! :tup:

Scrubs is still funny. It's not like Prison Break or Heroes, they lost appeal in their current seasons.

The IT crowd shouldn't have been abysmal, judging by the ingredients that go into its creation.

Sadly it is an ultimate failure, extremely tired and obvious jokes delivered badly by awful characters...... I find it wholly unwatchable, and its missed potential is painful.

poop all you want...

anyway... the IT crowd did move away a bit from the IT crowd concept

If you're joining us from googleland, please be aware all our threads are like this. You can't get a free game, but you can totally weigh in on whether some TV show I've never heard of that is totally awesome or completely lame. So it's a skit show, or what? Are all the skits about computers?

Interesting to hear that Heroes lost its appeal this season. The end of season 1 was so lame that I refused to keep track of it at all.

If anyone still has a license, maybe I should sign up for Steam. But my friend was showing Portals and telling me how cool it is, so maybe I should just get the whole box, if my MacBook Pro can handle it.

But my friend was showing Portals and telling me how cool it is, so maybe I should just get the whole box, if my MacBook Pro can handle it.

Runs smoothly on my Santa Rosa MacBook Pro. Don't know how it is with the older models, though.

Runs smoothly on my Santa Rosa MacBook Pro. Don't know how it is with the older models, though.

Mine's also Santa Rosa. I think I'll play the ones I can get for free, and get the orange box on the cheap when I have time to play the rest in two years!

I have to confess I have not played any of the Half-Life games. My experience of FPSs is limited to Halo.

My brother might like this though, back when he played games, he was a big fan of Half-Life...............

......I think I've just figured out what to get him for Christmas!

Miffy's not given it away to anyone with one post yet, if you want to read the rest of the thread :fart:

I just PMed him something to the same effect.

Chalk up a vote against The IT Crowd for me too, thnx. It's unbearably bad.

And another: whilst the first series was often snigger-worthy (likely thanks to Chris Morris' input) it was evidently neutered to appeal to a much wider audience than shows Morris has worked on previously.

His glaring absence in the second series leaves it flat, predictable and old-school PC beige (in a very bad way). Even the talents of Matt Berry and Richard Ayoade couldn't save this round from disposable mediocrity.

If it's back for a 3rd season, I'll be shocked.

PS: I finished Episode 1 and it was meh, but it was free (yay!) and now I can play MINERVA: Metastasis to completion (double-yay!).

Honestly I think Minerva gets worse as it goes on. (Don't get wrong, it's great, and there are some really cool stuff in the last chapters, but overall the first chapter is still the funnest to play.)

Almost non-related: Next tuesday I have the opportunity to purchase an Xbox 360 Premium with two free games (Viva Pinata and Forza 2, both of them worthless to me save for trade) for 300 Euro's.

On the one hand, I feel like I owe it to the cosmos to buy it. After all, I have been ranting about buying one for nearly a year now. It's only fair, see?

But on the other hand... I'm suddenly doubtful. For the coming month at least, I'll have little time to play. There's also rumour of a general price cut to the same level in a while. And most of all, I'm still afraid of the machine being of such poor manufacture that it dies on me. I've seen it happen no less than 4 (!) times to a neighbour, and once to a friend. I just really have no appetite for all the hassle it would entail. It's also an uncertainty if the 65-NM chips are already in there.

So, what should I do? There are a fair few games I want to play; such as Orange Box. But at the same time, I'd also just be content with buying Metroid Corruption instead, and then Umbrella Chronicles at the end of the month. All the gaming I need, right?

PS: I finished Episode 1 and it was meh, but it was free (yay!) and now I can play MINERVA: Metastasis to completion (double-yay!).

Wow, thank you for mentioning this. I played the first two parts when they came out and then forgot about them. But you need Episode 1 to play part 3?

And now I've got HL2 and Episode One to give. To actual posters (and their friends.)

Wow, thank you for mentioning this. I played the first two parts when they came out and then forgot about them. But you need Episode 1 to play part 3?

--parts 3 and 4, yes.

Redwall, I agree about Minerva. I think some action at the bottom was cool too, but the first level was the best. Most of the middle parts of the game I could have done without.

Also, I too have HL2 and Ep1 to give away.