Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

I love electronica, but not a huge fan of underworld.

You sir, are an idiot. :getmecoat

Also: Thanks for the tip, wrestlevania! :tup:

Right now I'm listening to the awesome sound of Daft Punk - rollin' and scratchin'. From the best electronic music album from the 90's: homework.

I've been spamming my various online hang-outs with this link all morning, so apologies if you've seen it at least once somewhere else already (probably Facebook at least). Anyway, it's important:

If you have even a remote interest in Electronic music, I suggest you download the latest RA podcast immediately as they don't stay on the site for long.

Thanks for the tip-off.

It was Majesco (remember them?) that published Phantom Dust in the US + Canada and it did appallingly. I picked it up new for 20 dollars. It is fully backwards compatible with the US 360s and you can still even go online and duel with other people (me and a friend got together and arranged a specific time to be online it was sweet).

If it does come out on the download, I recommend going into the main hall with the head of the base and just leave yourself there with the music turned up, that track is haunting.

I just got bored of their general style. Perhaps what I said was a little strong. Although I don't actively dislike them, I've never gone out and bought their stuff, apart from 3 or 4 12"'s years ago when I used to own decks.

I just got bored of their general style. Perhaps what I said was a little strong. Although I don't actively dislike them, I've never gone out and bought their stuff, apart from 3 or 4 12"'s years ago when I used to own decks.

Oh dear. I did wonder if you'd come back with the "Lager lager lager!" argument, which this sounds like.

I'd recommend checking out Second Toughest in the Infants as it's probably their most accessible album. Please, for us Thumbs..? :chaste:

Yeh, I know what you mean. I did actively dislike that particular track quite strongly. I remember liking Rez quite a lot, and Cowgirl too on the other hand.

I just came back from a Tiger Lillies concert; which was supremely excellent. They're endlessly entertaining live. Some of their songs are a bit bland on MP3, but their showmanship elevates the whole thing. The band's quite old, and British, but if you have no idea who they are, here's a taste:

Not listened to them in a few years, but man I used to love them :)

Have they put out much new stuff since Circus Songs?

I don't actually know the chronology, but I believe they put out a new CD every year or so? It's really quite interesting to see the amount of blasphemy and bestiality they manage to squeeze into one evening :tup:

I just came back from a Tiger Lillies concert; which was supremely excellent. They're endlessly entertaining live. Some of their songs are a bit bland on MP3, but their showmanship elevates the whole thing. The band's quite old, and British, but if you have no idea who they are, here's a taste:

I watched the link and I knew it sounded familiar. I saw Shockheaded Peter a couple years ago in New York. It was spectacular, although I have to say: I enjoyed the music in the context of the musical, but I'm not sure I'd get a CD.

I'm working late (again) and have Deadmau5's haunting Faxing Berlin on loop... ;(

Edit: In fact fuck it, download Retroid's Summer Breeze 2007 Promo Mix (Part 1) (it's in the Media section) and turn it up to 11. Amazing, beautiful, intelligent dance music. :woohoo:

...the tracks I alluded to have been made freely - and legitimately - available on the Internet in the past, but they can be tricky to find now. :(
I didn't mean my post as a reply to yours directly, just as a sarcastic comment about how MP3s are slightly easier to destroy than CDs. :shifty:

Well.. some of the download services let you re-download the songs you have previously purchased if, for instance, your hard drive happens to crash. Something that won't happen if you lose or break your cds for some reason.

I'm really excited about the imminent Miami Winter Music Conference as always. Hoping for some really good podcasts again.

Anyone know when that 8-bit festival is happening in America? I was trying to recall the name of it last night but failed miserably. I think it's usually sometime between now and May isn't it?

I have mostly been listening to Tool, A Perfect Circle, Porcupine Tree and Led Zeppelin of late.

New Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and The Gutter Twins albums are available at that Luisterpaal thing. Both sound excellent in my opinion. The New Nine Inch Nails material (Ghosts, which is partly available for free) is worth checking out too.

OMG the new Portishead album has leaked. :shifty:

:o :O :o Any good?

I saw them last December. The old songs they played in the set were identical to the album versions ¬¬

:o :O :o Any good?

Been, er, hearing about it at work all day. :tup: :tup: :tup:

The second half of the album is especially fantastic. "We Carry On". "Machine Gun", which is like what would happen if you had Portishead in some dystopian future Vangelis-soundscape. "Small" which is Portishead + psychrock synths (yes). And the whole thing ends with this ominous drone that's like straight out of some sci-fi epic.

It's very different but still distinctively Portishead. I thought over a decade to create a new album would be a hard legacy to follow, but :tup:

I've recently discovered

, the dirtiest blues sound in current rock n roll. I seriously love this guy.

A friend just gave me The Flashbulb's new album, Soundtrack to a Vacant Life. Oh. My. Gosh. It's rekindled all kinds of love of electronica. Best listen I've had in a long time.