Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

i'm listening to the new M83 now... what the hell is this :) its good, quiet unexpected though, lots of hot sax

OOOOOOHHHHH SHIT! Rome came out with a new album

I'm such a fanboy

If anyone is interested, I highly recommend Flowers From Exile, Passage to Rhodesia and Nos Chants Perdus

Aaron Joseph Newman is an indie hiphop artists with the stylings of Kanye and Macklemore. He's pretty emotionally honest, funny and just cool all around. I discovered him when I ran a student-run film festival a couple years back and he submitted his music video for "El Muppet Song" and it captured my heart. The day I realized he had two albums on Spotify might have been one of the greatest days of my life so far.

Check it out: 

Perturbator just released The Uncanny Valley:

A while ago Mangela Lansbury posted ANOHNI's song "4 Degrees" in this thread. Her full album, HOPELESSNESS, just came out, and it's pretty great. I think 4 Degrees is my favorite track but pretty much everything is great. Here's one of the other songs:

I am totally in the same boat when it comes to jazz. I saw whiplash the other day and it reminded me to check out the few jazz songs I know again. : D

Neil Cicierega's mix of Ghost Busters has me craving more mashups

I dunno if I can really care about new DG any more. Maybe if I get really out of it one night but even then. 

Y'know after following the DG mania since it started the only album I can reliably come back to is Fashion Week.

I listen to Moanin' about every two days. I don't know jack about jazz but I know I LIKE THAT A LOT.

I am totally in the same boat when it comes to jazz. I saw whiplash the other day and it reminded me to check out the few jazz songs I know again. : D

If either of you aren't familiar with Miles Davis - Kind of Blue then you need to check it out. I don't know much jazz either but I know it's great :)