Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

I have problems with some of the shit Ras Kass says, but goddamn, he can kill it when he's on game.

Cuz life's a beach and I forever be wearin my bathing suit

This one always hit hard, especially this:

I covered myself with baby powder, so my black ass could be light
Cause God is white.....
I hate my black skin, it's just a sin to be a nigga

Always brings me back to the days I wore long-sleeve shirts so I wouldn't get any darker than I was.

Damn...

Bein' to real on a dance thread. Sorry y'all.

Coaxmetal recommended Sleigh Bells in the IRC chat and I remembered they had a song in Lollipop Chainsaw I liked. Now I bought all their CDs and can't stop listening to them. Thank you Coaxmetal!

At the very least, I want to learn enough musical theory to understand what conditions allow this mash-up to work:

via @wasnotwhynot

Everything new album from Public Enemy tends to be half full of misses, but the other half is always gold. I also loved this DJ Lord single Chuck was in earlier this year:

Earlier this month I was saying how dissappointed I was in this half of 2015 at the lack of albums that just appeared and swept me off my feet.

Miley Cyrus and Her Dead Petz is one of them.

220px-MileyCyrusandHerDeadPetz.jpg

Before people start turning up their noses its produced by Wayne Coyne of The Flaming Lips who are just on a roll with crazy collaborations from Ariel Pink, to Nick Cave, to Lightning Bolt, to Ke$ha.

It's not a perfect album. But some of the songs are close to that.

Me likey! The first track at least, which is all I've listened to so far. It's always nice when mainstream pop doesn't make me feel apathetic, annoyed or bored. ;)

Saw sufjan stevens live on Saturday. It was totally amazeballs.

I watch the VMAs every year as a sort of begrudging habit, but this year was more interesting with Miley Kanye and Nicki doing stuff. 

Saw sufjan stevens live on Saturday. It was totally amazeballs.

I'll see him on 19th September together with two friends who I infected with a serious case of Sufjanitis. I'm already pretty excited, though I fear I will be too worried about an upcoming exam to really get the most out of it. But if anyone can let me forget the stress for just a moment it's Sufjan.

Also, I fear it would have been better if I hadn't already seen much of his tour on YouTube. Ah well, I'm just too goddamn excited!!! \o/

Can't wait for the album to drop

These streets make it so hard to breathe
Highs and my lows
Look both ways, where I'm supposed to go

Jay Rock is channeling some ODB