Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Awesome, I hadn't heard this so had a google and woo! new album :)

There's no mistaking "Leave A Trace" for the work of any other band. The first single from Chvrches' just-announced sophomore album Every Open Eye is built on the same clean beats, deep synths and infectious vocal melodies that helped make its debut, The Bones Of What You Believe, so invigorating.

Every Open Eye is due out Sept. 25 via Glassnote Records.

http://www.npr.org/sections/allsongs/2015/07/16/423489841/chvrches-tease-new-album-with-leave-a-trace

Beats Radio is actually pretty neat and I like Q-Tip's show a lot.

The St Vincent show is pretty good too but nothing can top the conversation she had with the 7 year old girl in the first episode.

So Currents the new Tame Impala album's out anyone else listening to this?

I think it hits one or two middling spots but it's still pretty solid.

As someone who finds Lonerism really boring and only likes like, 2 songs on it, I really like Currents. 

Thundercat

He's just too cool that guy. Songs like this are such a pleasure.

So Currents the new Tame Impala album's out anyone else listening to this?

Between that and Jamie XX's In Colour it's been a pretty great summer for upbeat stuff, eh?

As someone who finds Lonerism really boring and only likes like, 2 songs on it, I really like Currents. 

Yeah! Even Innerspeaker got pretty meh after a couple of tracks. Currents feels like it plays pretty damn well the whole way through.

Between that and Jamie XX's In Colour it's been a pretty great summer for upbeat stuff, eh?

I haven't heard much by Jamie XX since 2010. But I'd say my biggest candidate for upbeat new music is Mac DeMarco's Another One. Now that might sound a bit strange but if you wrap this album in say the context of the afternoon stage of a Summer in New Years when the only things you've done that day include family (the ones you like), beaches, barbecues, cold beer, and a cheeky joint it's really just the best kind of closer for a laid back sunny day.

Ahh! I friggin' love Mac DeMarco. Your link's been blocked but it was a great reminder/endorsement to pick this record up!

He also just put up a bunch of new stuff on Makeout Videotape's bandcamp for free- I'm listening now and it fits pretty well into summer, too

I found this on Soundcloud, titled "THIS SHOULDN'T WORK, WHY DOES IT WORK". It's kind of amazing, and I mean that in the literal sense of the word: it surprised me to the point of amazement.

Been on my repeat:

How I'm Crippin' where I'm livin', come and follow me
Pistol poppin', Poppy Street

Don't fuck with me, stay in your lane
Thug everyday and never change, man