Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

YOU'VE BEEN TR-IPPING AROUND... THE TOWN...WOOING SOME FANCY CLOOOWN.

NPR introduced me to the Belgian singer Stromae in their SXSW coverage, describing him as the "most famous artist no-one in NA knows". Personally I had no idea who he was either, although I had heard his previous hit in Sweden "Alors on danse" about 4-5 years back. Turns out he's actually quite good.

I have recently been discovering John Lurie. It started with my rewatch of old Jarmusch movies in the Winter, such as Down By Law and Stranger Than Paradise, both of which Lurie starred in. Onward from there, I found Fishing with John, then realized that Lurie himself made the music for that, and then discovered that Lurie was (as he doesn't make music any more) perhaps one of the greatest composers / musicians of our times (ok, well, I'm not really qualified to put it that way, but for me he seems to be totally unique). I had mostly listened to Marvin Pontiac so far, a fictional musician invented by Lurie. He also made the Get Shorty soundtrack. But today I finally started to listen to The Lounge Lizards, which I guess was the main vehicle for Lurie. Man, this shit is amazing! I almost never listen to jazz, which I guess this qualifies as, but this gives me tingles.

Also reminds me of Moondog a bit.

My only experience with Staples was through his excellent back and forths with Earl. It's awesome that Summertime 06 has the same dark decayed production as I dont like shit, but also is trill as hell on top of that.

Check out Hell Can Wait, def his best work. 

I think Shyne part 2 is probably his strongest effort but I really like the new record a lot. He's an important voice, and I'm glad to see Clams get more work.

I think Shyne part 2 is probably his strongest effort but I really like the new record a lot. He's an important voice, and I'm glad to see Clams get more work.

Speaking of!!!

An old trance track I used to listen to back in the napster days, I still like it

Speaking of!!!

I am reminded of this dreadful AV Club article for whatever reason. Also that song is really good and the first Clams instrumental tape is really solid. 

New Protomartyr record out soon so I am going to play their last record on repeat to get ready. Here is the cool single/video:

I am reminded of this dreadful AV Club article for whatever reason. Also that song is really good and the first Clams instrumental tape is really solid. 

New Protomartyr record out soon so I am going to play their last record on repeat to get ready. Here is the cool single/video:

Ahh! I didn't know they had new stuff coming out! News of the day  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

Ahh! I didn't know they had new stuff coming out! News of the day  :woohoo:  :woohoo:

Bad news of the day: the song they released isn't very good :(

This song keeps coming up and I think if Idle Thumbs every time so I had to post it.