Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

New mewithoutYou album is finally out (or at least streaming) and it's amazing. I was super stoked by the first song they released from it (Red Cow) which is definitely one of my favorite songs by them, ever. The album is for sure the best work they've done since Brother, Sister and I can't wait to get the deluxe edition which has even more stuff on it. 

http://m.noisey.vice.com/blog/mewithoutyou-pale-horses-album-stream

That is some sweet metal.

I afraid I'm too lazy to check bad through previous pages to see if these have been posted, pretty bloody rude I know.

These are some of my current favourites:

The Dear Hunter is one of my favourite bands of all time; they're a progressive rock band with elements of jazz, blues, alternative rock, indie rock, classical and who-knows-what-else. They've released three albums that continue the story of the 'Dear Hunter', a collection of nine E.P.s, each a different genre, and a stand-alone album.

The Dear Hunter is one of my favourite bands of all time; they're a progressive rock band with elements of jazz, blues, alternative rock, indie rock, classical and who-knows-what-else. They've released three albums that continue the story of the 'Dear Hunter', a collection of nine E.P.s, each a different genre, and a stand-alone album.

Saw them recently and they were insanely good, they played all or most of act 2 and a bunch of songs that they said they've never played live before. Super stoked for act 4.

Lately I've been looking for new music/rediscovering stuff I only listened to when I was a teenager, and finding some really surprisingly good stuff.

Saw Foxing the other night opening for mewithoutYou. I'd heard of them, but I don't really listen to many modern emo bands I usually just listen to older standard fare like Sunny Day Real Estate or American Football or Mineral. They were insanely good live. They have some post-rock stuff going on that kind of brought me back to Moving Mountains' first album. I've been listening to them a lot since, mostly live videos because I think they're better live than on their album.

Saw Daedelus on saturday, incredible live performer. The video below gives you some idea how involved he is, and how much fun he has performing, then extend that to an hour and make it even more hectic and you'll come close to picturing what he did in Sydney. He's also super sweet and humble, and I completely forgot he did the OST for Nidhogg even though that totally increased my hype for the game!

Also, since Stuart is falling behind on posting RTJ videos:

Also, since Stuart is falling behind on posting RTJ videos:

imo, their latest RTJ videos have been weak as hell. The one for Early was very good, this one was very awkwardly paced and shot. Also, the eye-rolling thematic implication of cop being on the same level of who he oppresses. But that's a different convo for a different place for a different time.

When you're reading your inbox and it's full of haters.

It bums me out that Vic is chasing some TNGHT horseshit sound and latching on to Ye's worst tendencies instead of sticking true to his instincts and making weirdo rap with that 99 Eminem flow. Case in point:

Ok...?

Anyway, Andreya Triana has a beautiful and timeless voice.

I've mostly been listing to Deerhoof for the last, oh, 8 months or so with a bit of Sonic Youth (Sadly no hedgehogs in the band) thrown in. Also I have no idea how to embed videos on this forum yet, if I even can, so links will have to do:

Deerhoof - We Do Parties

Deerhoof - Paradise Girls

Deerhoof - Super Duper Rescue Heads !

Sonic Youth - Titanium Expose

And I think I might be losing my mind as this is becoming one of my favorite guitar riffs

Sonic Youth - Washing Machine

Hey, I have been on a massive Chinese/Taiwanese music kick thanks to this bandcamp label. Bandcamp is the best service.

The best and most well-known is PK14's 1984This band who has been paying their dues for a long time saved up their cash and got fucking Steve Albini to produce this record. It sounds so great, and the band is firing on all cylinders here. Their music can be described as tightly wound, nervous rock music, but that is a terrible description and I regret saying it already. Here is a good cut (which sounds a little more like Modest Mouse than the rest of the record does but them's the berries):

Hedgehog are also cool and good. They are bit lighter pop-indie-rock sound, but they are so great. Here, some kind soul uploaded one of their better albums on to youtube:

Another band is Carsick Cars and they make catchy songs that have big guitar freakouts. I am tired and cant be bothered to write more about them so listen to this:

This band isn't from this region of Asia at all, they are from Japan. They are called Microcosm, and I can only find two songs of theirs online. I once saw a listing for one of their EPs on Amazon Japan and I would have paid $50 for four songs plus shipping so I declined. This song is amazing and would be your Stereogum number one Pitchfork Best Endorsed Track if it were in English and released on 4AD or whatever:

I hope someone here listens to these bands because I spent ten minutes on this post!

I don't know why only two of those embeds are working what the hey. Click those links.