Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Jean Grae has released another EP, this is a lot mellower than her early stuff:

https://jeangrae.bandcamp.com/

What entertained me even more was the email I got:

Hey guys! So, you see there that I've posted up a new EP. 
It's called #5. 
I really like doing EVERYTHING. 
It's my most favorite thing. 
Not just sticking to one type of art, or sound, or creative outlet. 
I kind of can't. Curse and burden, probably. 
Anyways, this project is something where I felt the writing would be super important. 
Especially dealing with things like, having the "what is this" conversation, or feeling at odds with life goals. 
...and ESPECIALLY for ladies, I think it's important to have music that we can relate to. 
Definitely not saying this is just for the ladies at all. I don't make gender specific music. 
I make real life shit. 

This project was done in real time, like the majority of my recent releases. Which means as soon as I finish recording and mixing it, it immediately comes to you. 
It was made entirely by me (as stuff usually is) and is very dear to my soul, as emotional ties are all in real time as well. 

That may be a crazy way to release art, but it feels right for me. 

I get to give you raw and fresh produce on a consistent basis. 

It would be super cool if you would not only like, but purchase the project. It's available for streaming, but if you buy stuff, I get to make more stuff. 
I would then be able to make physical copies. And merch. And videos. And all those wonderful things that we all want.
So we can all win together. 

Also, creating a demand for shows in your city, country, on your continent. 

So, thanks. Hope you enjoy it. Big hugs. Kisses with just a little bit of tongue, to make it awkward.

I always enjoy getting these as they are delightfully unrestrained - like she wrote it when she was drunk and didn't bother to edit aftewards

I usually ave sound off while playing DF but the looping them really is a nice piece of music.

You guys ever listen to Andrew Jackson Jihad? I just picked up on them last week and am really enjoying their stuff. 

This is probably their most popular song.

Also just thinking about the logistics of that OKGO video make my brain hurt.

I don't think I've heard this for at least ten years. Groove Armada is the shit though.

A bit obsessed with FKA Twigs right now (like everyone else apparently).

Listened to a bit of clipping. for the first time.

I remembered this Handsome Family quote earlier and have been listening to them all evening:

"Ah, Scotland, your dark beauty is only heightened by the Absinthe for sale at Tesco"

If they sound familiar, it's probably because they did the theme song for True Detective. I can't find a non-live version on Youtube, but Up Falling Rock Hill is one of the most beautiful songs they've done.

The Arab world has been producing interesting music for the past few years. Here's a list of good indie artists if anyone cares. I myself have already listened to just about half of these, and encourage you to try all.

If anyone wants me to translate lyrics to a song, just ask. If I don't reply, PM me.

And hey, some Arabic music I like:

Yasmine Hamdan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7RkHEB7wLs

Hayajan (trans. "Frenzy")
Alaa Wardi also performs solo; I've met him, and he's a pretty nice guy, so I'm a bit extra enthused to share this:

More clipping.

Also recently came across this track by Chrysta Bell and David Lynch. Don't know how I didn't hear of this earlier.

My favorite off of one of this year's best albums (or at least, rap albums).

Also, Gangsta Boo's verse on this one (SUPER EXPLICIT SEXUAL LYRICS ON THIS ONE):

tumblr_n6qnp4aCDM1r8ap8yo3_500.gif