Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

totally the best song in the album.

Totally disagree.

I didn't really like Trainwreak 1979 the first few times I heard it, and had a bad feeling that the album just wouldn't be up to scratch.

Thankfully, the album isn't rubbish though, and hearing Trainwreck 1979 in the context of the album has got me quite enjoying the track.

I'm seeing the band in Manchester next month and cannot wait!

I set up Spotify radio with

the other day and it's proven to be one of the best decisions I've ever made. I know HAIM hasn't put out anything super recently, but the station is working really well for me so far; lots of POLIÇA and other indie rock fronted by women.

For real though, I've been listening to her newish song Shake It Off and I'm powerless in the face of how goddamn catchy it is

That is indeed catchy tune!

I quite enjoy Trouble as well, but genuinely prefer the one with the goat screams. For some odd reason I find them better suited to the song than her vocals in that part :S 

This mashup of AVICII and Rick Astley is up there with the best mashups.

La Lupe has become my favourite dead artist lately. It's amazing how much energy her recordings have, almost feels like I was listening to a live performance.

Reminds me of the feeling one gets when they listen to these guys.

I can't help but post the live this time though.

Check out savages for kick ass female punk rock

So much yes! I just rediscovered them last week. 

Thom Yorke released an album via paid bittorrent today; it's available here. It's pretty incredible. Also, I'm interested to see if the distribution method catches on. Radiohead popularised pay-what-you-want downloads with In Rainbows and not having to pay hosting fees is certainly attractive.

I think I've found my new main artist. Needed a change from the still excellent work of 'The Drones'.

That 80s beat.

Cute, chill poppy hip hop song. People say this lacks Das Racist's personality, but listening to that beat, and Heems' later rapping, it's clear that this is Das Racist giving us a nice alternative to the usually skeezy, male-centric cutesy love songs on the radio nowadays.

I think Girl is probably one of the strongest songs on that album. I wish we could've seen more from that direction. Though I guess there are echoes of it in some of Heem's solo albums. I haven't heard anything new from Kool A.D. though so maybe that's where the majority of that sound went.

Does anyone here know if the bit starting at around 2:25 in Pueblo Nuevo (from Buena Vista Social Club) is "quoting" some other song?

I think it's Guantanamera that is getting "quoted".

Godflesh released their first album in 13 years a few days ago: https://godflesh1.bandcamp.com/album/a-world-lit-only-by-fire

I've been listening to Ametsub a lot, sounds like Boards of Canada happy/melancholy mixed with the foley sampling and glitchyness of Amon Tobin.

Most of his videos seem to be footage he shot during a trip to Iceland.

Also recently discovered Author & Punisher, who custom builds all his instruments.

(LOUDNESS WARNING)

SOON

Nice. I hope it's not all goofy and theatrical and there's some more spacey stuff like Z1.

A friend just released an EP, which I'm partially linking as a plug (hope that's alright), but also because I'm enjoying it. It's super janky instrumental hiphop with loads of broken-ass beats and weird vocal sampling. My kinda stuff.

https://vegeta897.bandcamp.com/album/tangled

Z2 is actually going to be a double album. 1 disc being the new ziltoid LP and the other is a new Devin Townsend project LP so I'm expecting a good mix of songs.

Let's all listen to hyperdrive \o/

Personal fave.

I've had this album on constant repeat for the past couple of weeks. It's one of those albums that comes along and ruins everything else I was listening to because it's so much tighter and fresher. Not that it's the most original thing in the world but it combines so many things I like in such a tasteful way that it might as well be a love letter addressed to me.

Earth released a new album as well earlier this month. Not my favorite of theirs but it has its moments.

i just wanted to say that i think the new earth album is great, like hex is my favorite earth album, but the angels of light albums felt so incredibly tired and the re-introduction of distortion and guitar solos to the earth sound is great and it reminds of pentastar in the best way