Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Sounds awfully complex. Here is something to balance it out:

Kanye's College Dropout just celebrated its 10th anniversary this month. This dude made a retrospective of Kanye's work over the last ten years with his music inter-stitched with some interviews. It's pretty great as it crafts a narrative that goes against the popular one of Kanye just being a loud-mouthed idiot :

Wow fingersmoran uploaded a new video on YouTube what is this 1999.

I saw St. Vincent live on Saturday night. The gig was insanely good. Faces were melted.

Kanye's College Dropout just celebrated its 10th anniversary this month. This dude made a retrospective of Kanye's work over the last ten years with his music inter-stitched with some interviews. It's pretty great:

Great compilation! I have a love-hate thing with Kanye, and was happy his more introspective and bragging-less songs were displayed there. 

Kanye's College Dropout just celebrated its 10th anniversary this month. This dude made a retrospective of Kanye's work over the last ten years with his music inter-stitched with some interviews. It's pretty great:

Great compilation! I have a love-hate thing with Kanye, and was happy his more introspective and less egotistical music was on display there. 

Four of my favourite tracks from one of my favourite chill-out electronica artists. These albums are more journeys than music, man. :stonedface:

Thanks to the Idle Thumbs IRC hangout, I was reminded that, as much as everyone hates Blues Brothers 2000, the soundtrack is fantastic.

You Slut! are from my hometown!

2 Songs, the first mellow, the other heavy!

Reuben are one of my absolute favourite bands; while I can dig this solo stuff I don't think it quite captures the magic of those older songs. Regardless, I'm stoked to see Lenman live at some point.

Some much needed rain is slamming LA today.  So nice.  Celebrate with this perfect song.

(It makes me feel like I'm wrapped up in a warm blanket.  There's a chilliness in the dissonant strings, right?)