Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

The aesthetic of of that Zagar music-video is inspirational. It's like they made a montage of live-action re-dramatizations of sci-fi cover-art from the 70's and 80's. 

Holy shit, I clicked on that video expecting some whatever music, BUT HOLY SHIT, I fucking fell in love with this song. Still listening. Thank's for introducing me to C2C!

Anyway, here is my contribution. 

That C2C video was really neat. Song wasn't half bad either.

Here's a sweet cover of a Boards of Canada song.

Saw The Prodgy for the second time last night. Absolutely fantastic, go see them if you get the chance. 

Here's a sweet cover of a Boards of Canada song.

Oh wow. I'd never even considered the prospect of Boards of Canada covers. That's cool.

I've listened to this song like twenty times in the past two days.

That's a lot for me. EDIT: Twenty-one!!!

Damn it, how am I only just finding out this album exists? And it has motherfucking

on drums? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

So I don't post in this thread too often but I'm hoping some of the awesome people here can help me out with music recommendations. Over the last year or so I've barely listened to any music. I have a bunch of artists that I really like but I've gotten stuck in a rut where I have pretty much every piece of music from all of these artists and have run out of stuff to listen to, so I've just kind of stopped listening. I've tried getting into new artists but unless they had some level of notoriety before 2005 I don't really have any idea of what's out there or where to start unless it's a recommendation from a friend or something. So this is where I'm hoping some of you can help. To keep this post from taking up too much space I'm putting some more information on what I like and don't like under the spoiler below. Thanks in advance for your time and feel free to PM me if you'd prefer not to clutter up this thread.

Some of my favorite genres and artists

Techno/Trance - DJ Tiesto, George Acosta, ATB

Rock - Radiohead, Muse, Incubus, Weezer, Pink Floyd, Black Keys, Tool

Soundtracks - Truman Show, The Fountain, Wall-E, Video Games

Some of my favorite songs

Ride (Cary Brothers/DJ Tiesto)

Angelfalls (Ayla/George Acosta)

Beautiful Worlds (ATB)

Pyramid Song (Radiohead)

Separator (Radiohead)

Undisclosed Desires (Muse)

Falling Down (Muse)

Aqueous Transmission (Incubus)

The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived (Weezer)

Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)

Truman Sleeps (Truman Show Soundtrack)

Define Dancing (Wall-E Soundtrack)

Vicarious (Tool)

My favorite songs tend to have some sort of eery, epic, calming, or uplifting quality to them.

Stuff I don't like

Anything considered Emo - Good Charlotte, Newfound glory, AFI, All American Rejects, Fallout Boy

Country Music - All of it

Oh and how can I forget THE SMITHS, listen to a best of album it changed my life. Then move on to early Morrissey: Vauxhall and i

Morrissey

Devin Townsend

Ryan Adams

...My holy grail

If you're into Weezer I'd strongly recommend checking out Tony Molina, a Bay Area cool dude. Replacements, Fastbacks, Weezer is the jump off, but it goes a lot of directions, and all the songs are like 1:30, so it's no big commitment.

http://vimeo.com/64242592

This one has some deep Thin Lizzy vibes:

If you're into Weezer I'd strongly recommend checking out Tony Molina, a Bay Area cool dude.

Good stuff. I added it to my list, thanks!

Zeus, here are a whole load of techno recommendations. These are all great when I need to focus on something or make myself go for a long run:

(Edit: Here it all is, except the last song linked below, as a playlist)

(
)

(
if you want epic or uplifting)

(Damn fine, but decidedly at the minimal downbeat end of minimal techno)

Igor Shep (Not his soundcloud account, but couldn't find that song anywhere else)

My favorite songs tend to have some sort of eery, epic, calming, or uplifting quality to them.

Based on this, you might like Anathema.

This guy's also quite good.

Following a load of stuff related to the Hotline Miami soundtrack over the past few months eventually led me to Big Black Delta:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdMj-SmCM0w

I also got a bit obsessed with vaporwave thanks to this thread, and this is one of the best pieces I found (don't think I posted it yet)

Thanks again for the recommendations. I started listening and so far it's some pretty great stuff.