Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

I love looking over the last couple pages and realizing that whatever we have in common as a community has practically no bearing on our musical taste at all. Our rec's are crazy diverse. 

Rediscovered Sebadoh recently and dove into Lou Barlow's solo work for the first time. I'm madly in love with it. Painful and heartfelt lo-fi acoustic music.

Emoh is one of my all-time favourite albums. Probably helped that it came along when I was in the middle of some emotional life stuff.

FUUUUUUUUCK

I've been waiting for this album for so long!

AND NOW IT'S ALMOST HERE

(OCTOBER 1ST ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA!!!)

I love this single.

I love this single.

Del Tha Funkee Homosapien is a rapper that featured on a couple Gorillaz songs (including the ever-popular single Clint Eastwood). He's the dude rapping here. This is a collaboration between him, Dan the Automator (who produced the entire Gorillaz debut album), and Kid Koala.

He's also Ice Cube's cousin (and thus was featured in early Lench Mob stuff), and a marvellously talented hip hop artist. I had no idea he had a new album in the works. I am now pants-shittingly excited about this. 

FUUUUUUUUCK

I've been waiting for this album for so long!

AND NOW IT'S ALMOST HERE

(OCTOBER 1ST ACCORDING TO WIKIPEDIA!!!)

I love this single.

I love this single.

I am going to wait until it's out, but Deltron is the nerdiest, corniest rap album ever. I love it, but it is a nerd record for giant nerds. Kid Koala is cool as fuck, and I am glad it is a proper reunion and not just Del digging this up by himself.

this is what actually happened in hotline miami - what we played was a drug-fueled hallucination

I like this! They're probably going to be really big, so I can say I liked them at least a few days before they shoot to superstardom

The synth up and down bit that plays in the background during the chorus sounds just like something else and I've be racking my brain and can't figure it out

HOLY SHIT! DAMN IT FEELS GOOD TO BE A GANGSTER! I've been doing nothing but playing that sound over and over in my head for the last hour

It's like the same beat as well, just slowed down. You can hear it right? Guys?

Oh and Twig :tup: that's the song of the year!

If you mean what I think you do, it's a pretty common chord progression that has been used in numerous songs — I've certainly heard it many times. It can be surprising how pervasive a relatively limited set of chords feature in popular music. The first one in this video is what I consider one of the most clichéd (yet still enjoyable) of all:

If you mean what I think you do, it's a pretty common chord progression that has been used in numerous songs — I've certainly heard it many times. It can be surprising how pervasive a relatively limited set of chords feature in popular music. The first one in this video is what I consider one of the most clichéd (yet still enjoyable) of all:

Playing an instrument like guitar, you actually come upon these naturally. Its really weird to think that Take On Me, Viva La Vida and Cherry Bomb by Spoon all have the same 4 chords.

The new Janelle Monae album is proper. That's all I have to say about that.