Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Genre change!

Has anyone wandered into this thread to extoll Pomplamoose yet?

Yes, they're a bit precious and twee, and they've done covers of L Gaga and Beyonce, but... i dunno. They're cute and they're from near San Rafael so you sort of expect anything from there to be incredibly twee anyway.

I liked Pomplamoose quite a lot a while ago, but I just kind of got tired of them. I don't really know why! They're pretty good.

That video was fun to watch!

If first names are acceptable for the list, Miffy, then I'd like to offer up Ulrich Schnauss...

Otherwise the only other suggestion I've got, that hasn't been mentioned already (I love Underworld too), would be Om Unit. This one's a remix of theirs, but it is Fucking Excellent™ which should be criteria enough.

Pepe Deluxé - Go Supersonic

A retro-infomercial video.

Just the song...

Not actually a song.. but continues on my retro theme from the previous post.

I debated putting this in the comical youtube thread, but then I decided I love Devin Townsend pretty much always so it works better in here.

(That's Devin Townsend dancing to his own song.)

Someone give me more music that sounds like this plz, I need it to get through today.

This might be quite popular in some places, at least in my parts it is, I think.

Anyway, I like it.

Asaf Avidan - One day / Reckoning Song (Wankelmut Remix)

Usually I'm not much into remixes, but here I like it more than the original.

Bonus:

OH MY! - Dirty Dancer (Featuring Scrufizzer)

http://youtu.be/UEd6VjOlM2g

A bit of rap for my fellow thumbs. I've been trying to tell fools for the last decade that Billy Woods is the best ever but it wasn't until earlier this year the he put an album out worth the time.

I've recently started to enjoy Nick Waterhouse a lot. I know some people that say all his stuff sounds the same, but I'm loving this stuff

Well, I think I am pretty much going to be living in this thread from now on (music = good)... after a quick skim of the entire thread, there is some freakin' awesome music already mentioned. I'm going to have to go back at some point and note down all the cool stuff that is new to me though.

Need to resist the urge to spam a bajillion aussie bands all in one go.... I'm not sure how many other aussies are on these forums, but it was good to see things like Empire of the Sun, Architecture in Helsinki and Kimbra get a mention (kiwi is close enough to aussie)

So I'll start off by plugging another kiwi band (well, one dude actually) that I only discovered last year; Disasteradio

you can listen to 2 of his full albums on his website http://www.disasteradio.org/

or just check out this song, which I can't stop listening to

some more awesome bands that some of you might like, maybe...

The Presets

CZe9YxJNs48

Bag Raiders

feA64wXhbjo

Pendulum

ogMNV33AhCY

PNAU

eo2aOEhlqfQ

... and I now see why in some previous posts people only put the end bit of the youtube link, because there's a limit on embedded videos... it all makes sense now

So this is quite good, depending on your feelings for folk rock/blues, but the rest of their stuff is sadly nothing like it.

Finally got around to hunting down that song from Media Molecule's Tearaway trailer.

Wasn't hard to find. What is hard, is getting it out of your head after hearing it.

Shut Eye by Stealing Sheep

Awesome stuff! Cheers for heads-up!

Speaking of John Peel, this may be of interest if you've not seen it: http://thespace.org/items/s000004u

It's an archive of loads of John Peel "stuff" such as his record collection, various sessions, photos and radio shows.

I'm into Amanda Palmer at the moment. There's an album launch thing streaming tonight http://www.youtube.c...d?v=Lz7uCiTtV4E.

Here is her latest video for your ears and eyes.

She is also married to Neil Gaiman, which pretty much confirms her as cool.

Update: Archive of the gig. It really was an amazing show, featuring three saxophones. I stayed up to 6am watching it because I'm a bad person.