Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Here are a few Die Antwoord videos from South Africa.

I hate myself for liking these, but I can't help myself.

Here's hoping I get over it soon.

I Fink U Freeky

Baby's On Fire - This one literally has every music video cliche in it. Also probably NSFW.

The video became pure win around 5:40 when the drift car driver gets out of his car mid drift,

pops the hood. climbs onto the car, and does pelvic thrust grabs in slow motion.

They were one of my favourite bands at university. I still like them when I hear them, but I don't find myself seeking them out any more. I probably should, though.

I did get into Amiina through them, who I've listened to a lot more in recent years.

Years ago there was this fantastic clip of a Sigur Rós concert on YouTube where a brass band emerged mid-song on a little boat in front of the stage. I found it weirdly touching. Sadly it's since been removed.

Really loving this at the moment. My cousin's chior did a piece from it in a competition last year, and i found this recording by an american chior a few weeks back. Now to convince my dad's folk group to do some of it!

also, since we are supposed to be dancing, an oldie by a goodie:

[Resputina - Holocaust of Giants]

I love the bassy effect they produce with the strings (cellos?). I'm bad at describing musical stuff.

Since I'm still terrible about pursuing new music, I've been returning to old favourites I'd abandoned for years:

I believe it is cellos, and yeah, they do sound great.

Apparently we're limited to two videos per post.

Here are two others:

I never actually got around to listening to much more Modest Mouse, but this song is great.

I wanted Baudelaire, but I could only find live versions with sub-optimal sound quality.

Oh man oh man that video was great Nach. I love people dancing to neat music and also I love mashups. I wanna dance like that.

Oh man I haven't listened to Modest Mouse or Ugly Casanova in years. Turns out I still like them! Yay, music!

I listen to a lot of different music. There isn't a genre I don't like. This is my latest obsession! It's so goddamn catchy. U:

This is my other favorite from her. U: U:

My heart melts further with every "bum bum". U: U: U:

You guys heard of Menomena, or Shearwater? Those guys are awesome. I saw Shearwater live recently and they blew my mind, if you ever get the chance to go you totally should: