Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

Been getting into a lot of weird Japanese music lately, but this song really tops it off nicely. Sounds like every Sega game's menus since 2000, except better.

ZWHrlm_qjos

For those who've been watching the Adam Curtis series Machines of Loving Grace, I've been putting together a Spotify playlist of the soundtrack, which has been ace:

http://is.gd/CQvFxa

Still songs missing, but a lot of it's in there.

I was listening to this thing (it is rad, you should too!)…

qpMJzgH3r9o

…and I was in one room, the computer playing it in another and I could hear the dogs playing in the third. This house has some funky acoustics, and when song number nine started playing, it's sharp bellish precessions I totally mistook for the dog's collar and I thought one of them was dancing in beat with the music. Like this rad dog:

xFTliOnoNSk

Man, I didn't know there was a video for that song. The whole album is a lot of fun.

Man, I didn't know there was a video for that song. The whole album is a lot of fun.

Indeed! There is a re-issue of the Since I Left You in the works and the second album could be coming out early next year: link.

wpqm-05R2Jk

I dunno how many of y'all are into electronic music, but if you are, you may be familiar with Phoenecia (who also run the Schematic label). But before that, they were known as Soul Oddity and did funky electro which I generally like much better than their later Phoenecia stuff:

9AHdtp5sk-c

Dispatch is back together. :woohoo:

d7bQkH_2cZ4

Highly agreeable, thanks for pointing them out!

The Mrs. discovered this one-lady band recently:

YQ1LI-NTa2s

Tune-Yards, completely awesome. Also check out

Aww, all the top Youtube search results show the horrible Belgrade performance from a couple of weeks ago, not cool. ;(

LzbOJsgCoh0

Poor Amy Winehouse. ;(

I've been listening to this 10 times a day this week.

2P7xICs1nKE

Makes me feel sad like being a kid, but in a good way. I also think I have a thing for women with English accents. I probably have a thing for men with English accents as well, come to think of it.

Fleetwood Mac is utterly destroying any and all productivity. I practically slip into a fugue state whenever something of theirs comes up on my playlist and I'm not actively doing something.

6ul-cZyuYq4

(I just, without intending to, typed POUTUBE]. I might need sleep.)

Fuck, Sleepdance, that is great. Been listening to it for the second day in a row. I'm not really well-informed about music by a long shot, so it's actually fun to accidentally discover old stuff like this that everyone would regard as a classic.