Wrestlevania

The Dancing Thumb (aka: music recommendations)

For some reason I haven't paid much attention to Dirty Three before, even though I love the things Warren Ellis has done with Nick Cave. This stuff is amazing.

EHEkzLQyG48

My first thought about a minute into the video was ". . .What the fu- Oh! The dude from Coheed and Cambria has a castrato brother!"

Regardless, I've been enjoying various songs from them today.

ScC_pi3PJ9k

If he's not been mentioned before and you haven't heard of him*, y'all should check out beardyman:

vqjZ0CBgmUk

* I was going to add an "...and if you're interested in beatboxing..." but he's so ridiculously amazing that I don't think you could legitimately claim to be interested in beatboxing and not have heard of him by now.

his youtube page

soundcloud with some downloads of live sets

I posted one of the tracks in my 'review' of ME2, but I've been devouring the OST from the Battlestar Galactic series at every opportunity.

wtsddWrG4Ac

I'm not sure if those are proper scottish pipes, or something else, but the sound of that instrument is always a good way to tug at my heartstrings.

tpSCNXi1vd0

To steal a phrase from an RPS commenter: Bear McCreary, come to the area in front of my stomach to receive your hugs.

New Mogwai album, also I like this guys youtube handle.

I can't say Mogwai's latest is my favourite, but it has its moments, and it certainly closes well:

Lm8JNh2Da6A

(It takes four minutes to properly kick in.)

I posted one of the tracks in my 'review' of ME2, but I've been devouring the OST from the Battlestar Galactic series at every opportunity.

This was my favourite bit of music from Battlestar Galactica:

tII1DSHPU80

If he's not been mentioned before and you haven't heard of him*, y'all should check out beardyman:

Fuck yeh, saw him at Bestival last year. One of the highlights. He's a master on them Kaoss pads ... He was running 3 in serial!

Something that blew up on teh intarwebs recently, 'Open Letter to Stephen Fry', which I quite liked.

Been listening to him for ages, don't know why I haven't linked him before.

fVY3OdYTjIY

Been getting my Big Band on, not the least because of that damned commercial.

r2S1I_ien6A

This music is unalterably, eternally linked in my mind to the Coco Bongo club in The Mask. Hey! Pachuco!

Been getting my Big Band on, not the least because of that damned commercial.

r2S1I_ien6A

Never not amazing.

An Australian band, this first song I really enjoy, the second song I just love the video for obvious reasons.

z62R6Wsi6ek

MXIzyquw-kc

I listen to a lot of weird punk music mostly, my two favorites being The Dead Milkmen (as shown by my avatar) and Atom and his Package. Also, oddly enough, I've been listening to NWA and Wu-Tang Clan a lot lately, and I have to say "Straight Outta Compton" and "Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)" are easily my two favorite rap albums. Also, I've been listening to a whole lot of Girl Talk lately.

The Puking Song by The Dead Milkmen

Os33ljB76zQ

Anarchy Means I Litter by Atom and his Package

MCNUOZG9974

Enjoy :D

I just spent a good minute of my life goose-stepping around in an insomniatic (probably not a word!) haze to this, because I'm waiting for GTA 4 to install to see if I'm wrong about the whole thing. Derp!

3zGwKoHNl8k

You have now made amends for you fantastically disturbing avatar. Good stuff!

Music from Ryomaden, the taiga drama of last year by NHK.

The musics are playing in my head all the time. We have watched almost half of the whole series in less than two weeks.

fBqfB_D1Nqc

I haven't linked this, because I've come to accept that you're all generally well adjusted in terms of musical taste. But a conversation had has made me doubt even this. Enjoy!

bCklH9gQAAg