Sign in to follow this  
JoannaDark

MySims

it's just kind of...empty, really. i was so excited about this game, and it's just a bit meh. it's nothing like animal crossing, which is what it was kinda marketed as. it's just really really repetitive and there's not much to explore. Also, it actually did seem to kill the wii. We keep getting the "unable to read disc" message which apparently means the drive's been fucked.

I'm fucking depressed.

Bummer.

From the adverts, I figured it was either a really canny realignment of the series to fit the Wii audience... or a shameless rip-off of Animal Crossing. I suspected the latter.

Shame. It was shaping up really nice. Good art style, lots of positive vibes surrounding it. Maybe expectations were too high?

Or maybe it really destroys Wiis ;(

My impression was that they put an awful lot of thought into the design, so that it can validly be considered its own game. I don't think its fair to call it a rip-off of anything. If it's turned out bad, I think it's more likely the fault of some bad assumptions about what audiences would enjoy.

If it's turned out bad, I think it's more likely the fault of some bad assumptions about what audiences would enjoy.

Like breaking their Wiis?

haha! yeah i absolutely love having a white brick beside my tv! gee thanks ea! it pretty much is a rip-off, the design element and simlish coming from the obvious, and the task type intro from - well, everything ever, and animal crossing, and the hint of faeces from harvest moon.