Spaff

World of Goo - "oh fuck that's interesting"

http://tigsource.com/articles/2007/09/11/world-of-f-ing-goo-trailer

So my goal for World of Goo is to (hopefully) combine the best of both [physics games and adventure games], where all gameplay is 100% physically simulated, and where each level is thematically extraordinary, visually iconic, and always (at least mildly) related to a story arc. There is very little asset re-use between levels, which is expensive in the sense that I have to create unique art by hand for every level, but as I’m seeing the game come together, I’m kinda happy how “beautiful” (or at least original) it is becoming. I just hope mom and dad (uh.. Sierra and LucasArts) are proud.

When marek saw it he exclaimed "oh fuck that's interesting" then he realised he had actually played the concept version of the game - tower of goo, so some of you others have also probablyseen that :)

Anyways, looks like a crazy loco roco lemmings hybrid face fuck.

Tower of Goo got boring really fast, which was hardly surprising, but the idea was great. That's why I'm somewhat excited about this one. It's interesting to see what's the story going to be like and to what extend the adventure game elements are used in the gameplay.

I also like the added quotation marks in the coming soon part.

The trailer did it for me. In the pants.

I read this at work today, and it hit me: That's exactly what I feel, to such a degree that I feel I've been robbed of my feelings. I think I mentioned it before, my lust for man-made, non-procedural, assets. Although the Tower of Goo thing did nothing for me except being a cool physics toy, this game looks totally and completely awesome.